Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sitemaps?  (Read 1375 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Sitemaps?
« on: March 03, 2011, 02:40:21 pm »

Hi lads. I've been away for a while but now I'm back with a brand new (well, no) machine. I'm having a problem compiling LCS though, or actually, with running it. As far as I know, the "sitemaps.txt"-problems are related to the file having DOS-style line endings. But the program fails to load the sitemaps.txt even with the line endings converted with fromdos. What's wrong?

EDIT: The program also fails to load every single XML file there is and then causes the terminal window to get confused :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:56:32 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Sitemaps?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »

Getting the game to recognize the files is some kind of nightmarish two-step process of converting sitemaps.txt and putting the files in the right directory. I would speculate that if you have the sitemaps.txt line endings fixed, they're now just in the wrong directory; someone who runs the game in Linux could probably help identify where they should go, then you can verify if that's where they are.

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:29:57 am »

If your sitemaps.txt is fresh from the repository it should already have unix line endings, I fixed that part a while ago. You should be in the parent directory of art/ (i.e. trunk/ if you're using svn) when running the game.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:08:49 pm »

Something's bugging anyway, sitemaps.txt won't load even though other files will when running from /trunk... maybe I'll just download it again to make sure it's not busted. Thanks for friendly advice.

EDIT: No luck... =/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:10:30 pm by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:14:55 pm »

I don't suppose you're on a Mac? They have yet a third kind of line ending... other than that, I don't know. I wrote the code for reading in sitemaps.txt, and obviously didn't have a clear idea of what I was doing, because it's incredibly finnicky.