Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Zombie Survival Squad  (Read 32978 times)

Demonic Pancake

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear the pancake!
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival Squad
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 04:54:21 pm »

Hell, Flamethrowers arent Illegal in most states over there, but you don't see too many of them floating about, do you?

http://www.cracked.com/article_17016_7-items-you-wont-believe-are-actually-legal.html

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 05:32:23 pm »

Damn, you found my source of information...

Demonic Pancake

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear the pancake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 07:48:41 pm »

Damn, you found my source of information...

Hehe, I love that site... On a similar note, we would need miniguns because those are also legal...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 07:53:49 pm »

Ergh.
Like I said in other threads, zombies don't exist. You can't say "No, bows wouldn't stop a zombie", because "zombie" isn't defined well enough, because they don't exist and there's hardly a reasonable way for them to. Zombies are going to be whatever is the most fun, or whatever the programmer wants them to be. It's not a matter of whether bows would stop zombies, it's a matter of whether the game will be programmed so that they will.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »

Bows should be able to pin zombies to walls.  That is all.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 08:00:33 pm »

That would be awesome.

Demonic Pancake

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear the pancake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 08:01:53 pm »

zombies don't exist.
*cough*Yes they do!*cough*

Popular culture zombies do not exist but the Haitian ones are real:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie#Voodoo_magic

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2010, 08:04:50 pm »

Yeah? So? We're not saying "kill the Haitian voodoo zombies" here, we're saying "kill the zombies we made up attributes for". What I'm getting at is, you are free to assign any attributes to zombies as you like - weak head, weak overall, slow, fast, smart, dumb, whatever.

Demonic Pancake

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear the pancake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »

Yeah? So? We're not saying "kill the Haitian voodoo zombies" here, we're saying "kill the zombies we made up attributes for". What I'm getting at is, you are free to assign any attributes to zombies as you like - weak head, weak overall, slow, fast, smart, dumb, whatever.

Yeah, I know. I'm just a shit-starter...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2010, 11:14:19 pm »

Personally, I've always been inclined to say that if it stops a human from being physically able to function, it'll stop a zombie. I guess I see it as more the "rabies-like virus" style of zombie, technically living but insane, bloodthirsty, and incapable of feeling pain.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 11:44:50 pm »

So not the zombies with half their limbs/organs/head missing, then.
Yeah, that kind works too.

Okay, both bows and flamethrowers would basically be effective on a zombie, then, as they are on humans. Actually, bows would be ridiculously good on zombies because a virus would probably give them enough intelligence to attack but not to wear body armor, use tactics, take cover, etc.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2010, 12:59:16 am »

A lot of things would be ridiculously good against a lone zombie or two. Spears, for example. :P

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2010, 01:27:43 am »

But Haitian voodoo zombies are real. And reality is stranger than fiction.

What would be more impressive? A fictional game about fictional zombies based off fictional sterotypes and the need of game balance? Or a fictional game about real zombies using real scientific research and data? Not only will you have fun, but you can also learn about the world around you!

Altough the Wikipedia article did try to debunk the existence of voodoo zombies. Might be hard to salvage something from the wreck.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:30:01 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »

A lot of things would be ridiculously good against a lone zombie or two. Spears, for example. :P
They're supposed to be weak on their own though, I guess.  One zombie is never meant to be a threat - it represents a fear of crowds and assimilation, I guess.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2010, 09:20:47 pm »

Did anyone like my character ideas?  :D
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7