Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Bizarro bugs.

(1/2) > >>

Raphite1:
   I made some giant damselflies, and all manner of oddities have ensued. Here's the creature file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[CREATURE:DAMSELFLY_GIANT]
   [NAME:giant damselfly:giant damselflies:giant damselfly]
   [TILE:'d'][COLOR:2:0:1]
   [MODVALUE:4]
   [BLOODTYPE:Y]
   [LARGE_ROAMING][FLIER]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:6:8]
   [PETVALUE:500]
   [GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
   [NATURAL][PET]
   [PREFSTRING:hypnotic buzz]
   [BODY:BUGGY:4WINGS:2EYES:BRAIN:MOUTH]
   [SIZE:2][DAMBLOCK:0]
   [MAXAGE:5:10]
   [ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:GORE]
   [CHILD:1][liTTERSIZE:2:4][CHILDNAME:damselfly nymph:damselfly nymphs]
   [SEVERONBREAKS][NOMEAT][NOBONES][NOSKULL][CHITIN]
   [ITEMCORPSE:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:DAMSELFLY_ICHOR:NO_RACEGLOSS]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [BIOME:MARSH_TEMPERATE_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:MARSH_TROPICAL_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:SWAMP_TEMPERATE_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:SWAMP_TROPICAL_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:POOL_TEMPERATE_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:POOL_TROPICAL_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:POOL_TEMPERATE_BRACKISHWATER]
   [BIOME:POOL_TROPICAL_BRACKISHWATER]
   [BIOME:RIVER_TEMPERATE_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:RIVER_TROPICAL_SALTWATER]
   [BIOME:RIVER_TEMPERATE_BRACKISHWATER]
   [BIOME:RIVER_TROPICAL_BRACKISHWATER]
   [STANDARD_FLESH]
   [NO_DRINK][NOBREATHE]
   [LAYERING:100]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
   [SPEED:700]
   [MUNDANE]
Here are the body parts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[BODY:BUGGY]
[BP:HD:head][CON:UB][HEAD]
[BP:UB:thorax][UPPERBODY]
[BP:LB:abdomen][CON:UB][LOWERBODY]
[BP:RA1:right first leg][CON:UB][liMB][BP:LA1:left first leg][CON:UB][liMB][BP:RF1:right first foot][CON:RA1][STANCE][BP:LF1:left first foot][CON:LA1][STANCE][BP:RA2:right second leg][CON:UB][liMB][BP:LA2:left second leg][CON:UB][liMB][BP:RF2:right second foot][CON:RA2][STANCE][BP:LF2:left second foot][CON:LA2][STANCE][BP:RA3:right third leg][CON:UB][liMB][BP:LA3:left third leg][CON:UB][liMB][BP:RF3:right third foot][CON:RA3][STANCE][BP:LF3:left third foot][CON:LA3][STANCE]Spoiler (click to show/hide)[BODY:4WINGS]
[BP:RFWING:right front wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][liMB][FLIER]
[BP:LFWING:left front wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][liMB][FLIER]
[BP:RBWING:right rear wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][liMB][FLIER]
[BP:LBWING:left rear wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][liMB][FLIER]

So many strange things happen with this creature that I don't know where to start.
1) It shows up with a brown background tile, as if it were [COLOR:2:6:1].
2) It never flies. I've only seen it on flat biomes, and fliers tend to hug the ground in non-mountain biomes, but I've never seen this thing ever flicker up a z-level for even an instant.
3) It appears to move more slowly than [SPEED:700].
4) When tamed, it starts flashing a red cross as though it were injured. No wounds appear at all, and it seems to move at the same (relatively sluggish) rate as wild individuals.
5) After being tamed and released from its original cage, individuals usually try to make their way back to the wild cluster they were captured from instead of heading to the meeting hall. I'm not sure if they're trying to cuddle with their former companions or trying to kill them, but twice I've seen the wild ones turn and attack and grievously injure the tamed individuals.
6) Sometimes a tamed individual that has been following wild individuals will decide it's finally time to head to the meeting hall. I've definitely seen this happen to a tamed individual who had not fought with wild individuals, and I think I've seen it with tame individuals who have been injured by a wild individual after the wild one was killed by a dwarf.

Does anyone have the slightest idea what's going on here? By the way, the ITEMCORPSE seems to work fine after they die.

P.S.: Geez, the formatting on the body part spoilers shows up horribly, and I can't seem to fix it. Could this be related.

lordnincompoop:
Something related to the body is broken, I think. The brouwn backgorund tile means it's lying down, so it's crawling for some reason. That's all I can get from it though.

smjjames:
You also forgot the flier tag for the creature file. Every other flying creature has this tag, otherwise they just stay on the ground.

No idea why its lying down though, haven't messed around with the raws that much.

Knight Otu:
You'll want to move the head entry below the abdomen entry, like this:

It's probably sufficient to move it below the thorax, but better be save. The way you have it now, the head tries to attach to the not-yet-existing UB body part, and promptly thinks it is separate from the rest of the body, without proper attachment. Your damselflies quite literally didn't have their heads screwed on right.

As mentioned, you'll also want to give the creature the [FLIER] tag, and you probably should add the and tags to the appropriate body parts.

smjjames:

--- Quote from: Knight Otu on November 22, 2009, 08:31:26 am ---You'll want to move the head entry below the abdomen entry, like this:

It's probably sufficient to move it below the thorax, but better be save. The way you have it now, the head tries to attach to the not-yet-existing UB body part, and promptly thinks it is separate from the rest of the body, without proper attachment. Your damselflies quite literally didn't have their heads screwed on right.

As mentioned, you'll also want to give the creature the [FLIER] tag, and you probably should add the and tags to the appropriate body parts.

--- End quote ---
Hey, looks like we found the wierd formatting issue, its turning the (LEFT] and [RIGHT) tags into forum formatting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version