Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Colossus regeneration?

(1/2) > >>

immolo:
The wiki article on bronze colossi goes on and on about how the colossi regenerate. I though I would add its regeneration into my own custom creature but I couldn't find the tag listed in the creature tag wiki. When I compared their tag list to that of an iron man, I couldn't find a single tag that would make the colossi regenerate and have the iron men not regenerate. What I suspect it  might be referring to the Damblock but the Damblock of the iron man is actually higher than that of a colossi, so why does the iron man article not mention anything about high regeneration?

Are the wiki articles screwy or is there something hard coded into the colossi entry that we can't see?

3:
It's probably due to size, if anything.

No creature can "regenerate" as such (as in repair lost limbs, etc), but size has a large impact on heal rate.

immolo:
Is there any advantage to having more than one part tagged as THOUGHT? Will the creature still be able to survive if it is missing only one of its multiple thought parts? What does having an HEAR tag do and will it work if I make the hearing organ internal(in other words do dwarves actually hear things with the hearing organ or is it superficial and if it is useful does that mean iron men can't hear)? Will a player character still act like a player character if it is given the NOTHOUGHT tag? Can something with more than two arms wield more than two weapons or a two handed weapon and a shield? Can two armed creatures dual wield weapons?

Deon:
1) I don't see any official proof that size affects regeneration. Moreover, there're titans and nobody says anything about them. Wiki articles are often "screwy" and contain personal opinions instead of real facts.

2) Multiple THOUGHT would cause a creature to be more vulnerable, same goes with multiple hearts, lungs etc. It's enough to destroy ONE of those organs to kill the creature.

3) You can have as many items in your hands as you have hands (or more with shields, but it's a glitch). You can dual-wield a two-handed weapon/two weapons with two hands and get a shield in the third. You still will be able to make 1 attack per round and the weapon will be random (if you have two or more).

G-Flex:
FYI, part of the tests for the next release is making sure that a creature with more than one brain (e.g. a hydra) can survive if it loses one. So in a while, there probably WILL be an advantage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version