Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 42268 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Three - Marco Polo?
« Reply #405 on: February 13, 2010, 12:11:45 am »

I could take the time to explain it, but it's really not important now.

Spoiler: The Plan (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir gave me his vote yesterday, and that allowed yesterday to be a tie.

Solifuge, your scheme is, frankly, horrible, if I read how you're saying it works correctly. If you think that Exkirby is scum, then you can't actually lynch him now that you're sibs, because you'd die too, 1:1, and the nightkill would give them the equality needed to win.

Voting and exploding both of you would be fine (if one scum/one town), because it'd be like lynching a Hated mafioso- you get a lack of night.

CobaltKobold, did you intend to FoS me there? I find this very interesting. Especially because you just advocated lynching me to kill ExKirby as well. You assumed that my ability would take both of us down, saying that this was "A good idea if one was town, and one was scum".

Its strange also that you just assumed ExKirby is scum based on my suspicions, without even questioning it... it's almost as though you hoped that we were siblings, and that you could seal a victory by killing 2 townies in one lynch.

CobaltKobold I am calling you out.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 13, 2010, 12:17:59 pm »

It seems that ExKirby is asking to be replaced in this.

Also. Kashyyk. Get out of the shadows. What is up with you?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »

Kashyyk and ExKirby have both requested replacements.

I myself will be away from monday, but only until thursday, so it shouldn't affect the running of the game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Three - Marco Polo? - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #408 on: February 13, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »

Notice will be up on the signboard once I've finished starting BMIX up ._.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 13, 2010, 12:39:58 pm »

*groan*
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 13, 2010, 01:44:52 pm »

Quick, while he's gone, let's lynch everybody!

No seriously. CobaltKobold and Eduren are probably scum. ExKirby reacted with panicked You Must Be Scum behavior, so I think he's clean anyway.

Also, why is it that all the people I PMed suddenly die or want replacements. Am I that unpleasant?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 13, 2010, 02:22:17 pm »

Quick, while he's gone, let's lynch everybody!

No seriously. CobaltKobold and Eduren are probably scum. ExKirby reacted with panicked You Must Be Scum behavior, so I think he's clean anyway.

Also, why is it that all the people I PMed suddenly die or want replacements. Am I that unpleasant?
That came out of nowhere. Why?

Unvote. Since replacements are fun.

Meph, you don't seem to concerned about lylo. Who is scum?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 13, 2010, 05:34:39 pm »

Solifuge, your scheme is, frankly, horrible, if I read how you're saying it works correctly. If you think that Exkirby is scum, then you can't actually lynch him now that you're sibs, because you'd die too, 1:1, and the nightkill would give them the equality needed to win.

Voting and exploding both of you would be fine (if one scum/one town), because it'd be like lynching a Hated mafioso- you get a lack of night.

CobaltKobold, did you intend to FoS me there? I find this very interesting. Especially because you just advocated lynching me to kill ExKirby as well. You assumed that my ability would take both of us down, saying that this was "A good idea if one was town, and one was scum".

Its strange also that you just assumed ExKirby is scum based on my suspicions, without even questioning it... it's almost as though you hoped that we were siblings, and that you could seal a victory by killing 2 townies in one lynch.

CobaltKobold I am calling you out.
You misread me. I said lynching the sibs are a bad idea, because dropping town and mafia both one and shifting to night phase is equivalent to nolynching in (non-3p) lylo, handing the mafia the win. (Similarly bad is the case whereby you're both town.) I'd only want to lynch a mafia-sib if it were 3p lylo, because any earlier lylo wins for mafia. And, if you control your sibbing, then it's unlikely you'll pick your scumbuddy, unless that's part of the ability.

What I said was that, if at least one of you is scum (my hypothesis being on YOU, not Exkirby, hence why the FoS is on you) and the "blows up when voted" thing is on, and you're still sibbed...then, unless I thought both of you were town (I don't) I'd go with it, because it'd be like a correct lylo lynch followed by NK, since it would be dayphase with each side down one.

CONCLUSION: Stop putting words in my mouth, scum.

Finally it's LYLO. You don't vote unless you're damn sure you're voting scum or b. you ARE scum- because if you vote nonscum, the scum can quickhammer FTW Oh, right, deadlines.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 13, 2010, 06:07:48 pm »

Despite my, ah, economized posting, CobaltKobold, there was never anything like that, unless you mean the Skulkifier, which Solifuge wanted to use in conjunction with the Nonvoting Motivator's power to kill someone. Were you just trying to get us to mislynch?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2010, 06:51:38 pm »

Quote from: Solifuge to Nirur Torir
Alright. You've shown that you're about 85% trustworthy, and since you already have a night-based power, I'm willing to bank on it. As such I'm going to need to rely on you for a last-ditch gambit.

I'm counting on dying tonight, but I've set up a scenario with my power that should out at least 1 Scum on Day 3. If I'm alive tomorrow, either ExKirby or CobaltKobold are Scum, but not both of them. If I am dead, then either they both are Scum, or they both are Town.

The reason we can deduce this is because both of them received PMs that I attached a machine to them, which will kill them if I die tonight. This is only a partial bluff; a machine was, indeed, attached to ExKirby. It will kill him if he is ever targeted by a night ability.

As such, I need you to give him your vote, which will kill him. We can use his role-flip the next Day, and whether or not I am dead to deduce if CobaltKobold was in cahoots with him or not: If they're both Scum, they'll share information about the PMs, and realize it was a bluff. If only one are Scum, they'll most likely take the bait and kill someone else to preserve themselves. Of the two, I'm pretty sure he is Scum. I don't know about CK though.

Anyway, I can't pull this off without your backup. If you'd like the insurance, I will send a simple message to a suspected neutral party that "The thing that Nirur will say tomorrow is true. Don't show publicly that you trust him, until the Scum try to get him lynched. If he is dead tomorrow morning instead of me, I will explain everything."

Sound good to you?

P.S. My suspects for Scum are anyone that claim to have a Day power, such as Mephansteras' "Overconfident Guy", ExKirby's "Voodoo Medium", and maybe Eduren's "Sticky Voter". Though the power checks out, I suspect that it is a "Horrible Scum Role", much like a "Horrible Town Role".

P.P.S. There is a check in place, just in case you're Scum. It'll muck up the Scum Detection plan, but will at least out your allegiance. It also leaves me dead, so please don't be Scum. :P
Number of people attacking me with outright falsehoods: 2
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2010, 06:53:15 pm »

Oh. I misread the meaning of "give him your vote" as "vote for him". My mistake.
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2010, 09:15:30 pm »

Meph, you don't seem to concerned about lylo. Who is scum?

Where do you get that from? I've been a bit busy the last few days so I haven't been as active as I'd like, but I've been doing what I can to make sure we don't lynch anyone based on bad info.

As for who's scum...I'm not positive. I'm guessing not Solifuge, and probably not ExKirby. Everyone else is suspect.

I'm going to try to do a full scan of everyone once I get a chance.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 14, 2010, 01:25:37 am »

I'm betting on Exkirby or Mephansteras being nonvoter scum.

What I said was that, if at least one of you is scum (my hypothesis being on YOU, not Exkirby, hence why the FoS is on you) and the "blows up when voted" thing is on, and you're still sibbed...then, unless I thought both of you were town (I don't) I'd go with it, because it'd be like a correct lylo lynch followed by NK, since it would be dayphase with each side down one.

So you think ExKirby is Scum, then I call you out, and suddenly he's clean and I'm scum, eh?

CobaltKobold has gained a level! CobaltKobold has learned "OMGUS"!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:27:18 am by Solifuge »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 14, 2010, 01:28:54 am »

I somehow butchered the above quote dates in copy/pasting, but corrected it.

The last 7 digits of the date weren't copied, and we ended up in 1969.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 14, 2010, 03:12:57 am »

...That's not even what OMGUS means. :|

The 'scum' part was because I didn't really believe that town would get a nonvoter role, since it would reduce their daygame so much.

You're really grasping at straws to try to frame me here.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36