Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 41062 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:04:09 am »

It was a peaceful, happy town.  A town where all those who had been shunned by their communities could go.  There they didn't have to hear "You'll be useless if the dopps attack, get out" or "If the mafia comes, you're dead meat".  There, everyone had a handicap.  There, everyone was equal.

So a depressing sense of inevitability was felt when they found Generic NPC 1 murdered on what they had decided to call "Night 0", for some reason.  "Perhaps if we didn't try and number off our nights and days like this this wouldn't happen?" suggested someone, but noone was listening.  They were two busy drawing up plans for the next day, and forming a battle plan against the enemy within...

Welcome to Horrible Role Mafia.  The roles in this game are diverse, but they all have one thing in common: You'd much rather have the vanilla version of your role than the one you get.  All roles have some form of handicap, and this handicap can manifest itself in a wide variety of ways.  You will have to work around your problems and exploit the weaknesses of your enemies to win.

All roles in the setup will be unknown.  Possible alignments are Town, Mafia, Jester, Serial Killer and Survivor.  I have written up a game for 12 players (many thanks to webadict for help with balancing the setup) but can run it with more or less in necessary.

Signups are now closed.

Signups (7/12 alive):
ToonyMan - Substitute - Lynched day 1
Pandarsenic
Vector - (Mostly) Reformed Psychopath - Shot night 1
Apostolic Nihilist - Sonambulist - Chopped apart night 1
RedWarrior0 - Suicidal Music Loving Suvivor - Self-defenstrated night 1
Nirur Torir - ??? - Shot night 2
Eduren
ExKirby - Dakarian
Mephansteras
Solifuge
Kashyyk
CobaltKobold

Revealed roles (4):
Quote from: Substitute
Hahahaha.  Did you really think all roles would be negative?  It was a lie!!  You have the only positive role in the game!

Every time someone dies, you will go to their grave automatically and steal any and all abilities they have.  All the abilities you steal will stack together!  You will even be able to use multiple abilities per night!  AHAHAHA!  You'll soon be UNSTOPPABLE!

Your role pm will be updated every time you (automatically) rob a grave.

You cannot steal group abilities.
Quote from: (Mostly) Reformed Psychopath
You've always had a horrible and crippling ailment resulting in frequent mass murdering sprees, but recently you've been seeing a psychologist and have got better.  Well, slightly.  You still get occasional urges, y'see...

Every night you MUST choose someone to target.  If they are town, they will die.  If they are not town, they will not die.
Quote from: Sonambulist
Every night you will visit a random players house and disturb their sleep.  You feel terrible about this though, and you will need to send them a letter personally apologising for waking them up on the next night.

You have to work out who you visited and send their name to me by the next night or you will kill yourself.
Quote from: Suicidal Music Loving Survivor
You will attempt to kill yourself every night unless you can send me the name of a song in another player's role pm (the player can be alive or dead).  If you do this successfully, you will be too busy singing the song and dancing to it to kill yourself.

You cannot send in the same song twice and you cannot use [REDACTED] :P.

One more hint: The only thing all these songs have in common is that I've heard them before.  Good luck.

Rules:

No private communication except on the Mafia quicktopic
Tie results in No Lynch
Players will roleflip rolename + alignment + abilities on death
Days last 4 days (weekend counts for nothing) with possibilities of extensions and shortenings if over half of the town is agreed - note that this deadline system is not meant to be abused
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:29:47 pm by Leafsnail »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:38:04 pm »

Oh good, so this is just in the discussion phase.  I can't join until many of these other games finish off. 

sidenote: Generic NPC 1 ftw.  I would claim that for the next BYOR mafia if I wasn't afraid I'd get a Vanilla townie role.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:58:23 pm »

Hehe, thanks...

Flavour text should be interesting, if a bit odd.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:06:42 pm »

This should be interesting and entertaining, at the least.

I suppose it will be things like "Naive cop" or "Quack Doctor" then? Will the mafia also be equally incompetent? Like a roleblocker who makes the person he's targeting always succeed?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:08:55 pm »

Well, Naive Cop is actually basically a townie, so it won't be in the game since everyone has negative roles :D.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »

Trick with the sanity issues is that they only work because theres a chance of a positive role (i.e. a cop wondering if they are sane or Naive).

Nonvoter, Passive War Vet, and Skulker would fit.  Radiant is pretty painful too.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:22:29 pm »

War Vet is probably mostly positive, if you think about it.  I mean, yeah, you could kill off random pro town roles, but the chance of this is low in a game with no positive roles at all ;D.

Same goes for roleblockers - if everyone's ability is negative, what are they gonna block?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 02:05:31 pm »

What we need, then, is a list of roles that ARE negative.

Radiant
Skulker
Paranoid War Vet
NonVoter
Dirty Bomber I think
Twin

I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 02:07:46 pm »

They'd mainly be "Roles I made up"...

Although I'll tell you that some roles will involve forced actions.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 02:37:53 pm »

Dear god, let there be no Cookie (see Zai's BYOR role in my version for Cookie).
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:13 pm »

!xmafia in

Shit, I'm in.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 03:05:49 pm »

Naturally, I'm in.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 03:07:34 pm »

Yeah, definitely in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 03:15:29 pm »

Promise me there will be no cookies and I will be in.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 04:20:29 pm »

There will be no roles that force players or encourage players to lurk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36