Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Welcome to Arotar (Community Fort, Zombie Mod)  (Read 3982 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Welcome to Arotar (Community Fort, Zombie Mod)
« on: November 24, 2009, 02:31:33 am »

(So, as my first community fort is basically impossible to continue with right now, I thought I'd
start a new one. This one is a bit different. It uses the zombie mod, which I hope is ok, and I
have at least a rough plot outline and a couple of characters preplanned. But five of the starting
people are open (four female, one male) for whoever wants them. I don't mind if people write
entries from the perspective of their own character.

Arrival: 1st of Granite, 201

Some basic gameplay notes: The population is limited to 50 right now. I'm not sure my
computer could handle more. Also, I don't use graphic sets, I don't savescum, I don't use any
editing tools... annnd... that's about it. Onward!)

One wagon, a couple of mules, and seven ragged, exhausted people hardly qualified as "a
glorious caravan of colonists", at least in Danielle's mind they didn't. That was Andrew's way
of speaking. She might have described them as, well, ragged, exhausted, filthy, and any
number of similar adjectives. Glorious would never have come anywhere close to mind. But
Andrew had an... unusual way of looking at the world. He thought that they could survive out
here, for one thing. That alone required a slightly skewed view of reality.

They'd finally stopped in a barren field of stones, just above the mouth of some unnamed river.
It might not have been an ideal place, and it might not have been where Andrew wanted to build
their new home, but the wagon and the mules had outvoted him. The mules had been especially
stubborn about not moving. They almost seemed to be saying, "There's water here, and none in
that desert you seem so intent on crossing. We'll stick with here, thank you so much."
Danielle approved.

Now the little group stood clustered around the wagon, waiting for Andrew to speak. Danielle
stood a little to the back, feigning disinterest. Andrew had, of course, found a way to turn the
top of the wagon into a rough speaking platform. He'd draped it with the dusty, mothholed
American flag quilt he'd picked up somewhere, and was now standing, or rather, posing; the
pose that Danielle like to think of as Noble Statesman Number 14. Andrew had at least twenty
noble statesman poses.

"Ladies and gentleman!" His voice cracked. It'd been a while since he'd done any real "public
speaking". "Er, Ladies and gentleman. We stand here on a momentous occasion, in a splendid
new land..." His voice grew stronger as he continued to speak. Andrew could talk, that much
Danielle would admit. The words might be hackneyed. They might be riddled with cliche They
might not make much sense. But the tone and the depth of his voice would. And that was the
problem.

"And it is here that our lives shall begin anew! Here amid the rich soils, the bountiful waters,
the... blazing white sands of... um... freedom! Here we shall build a new home, and that home
shall be called..." Here Danielle could see his head moving as he cast about for something,
anything to inspire him. Finally he settled on the river far below. "Blue... uh... Bluelands! Yes!
Bluelands! Ladies and gentleman, I welcome you to your new home! I welcome you to...
Arotar!"

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Arotar (Community Fort, Zombie Mod)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:20 am »

A Zombie Mod community game? YES.

I'd like to have a dwarf temporary survivor who's gonna die as hilariously as possible. A male marksman would be nice. Name him "Julius".

Watch your hunters, they like to kill bloaters and then die hilariously horribly when they try and pick up the boiling bloater corpse.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 02:46:48 pm »

Name: John, but Everyone Calls Him Barkeep.

Profession: Cook/Barkeep
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:59:11 pm »

female glassmaker/mechanic named Spike

Though zombies have no thoughts and feel no pain, technology (large, complicated traps) will win the day. 

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:56:57 pm »

Zenith- a male miner/mason

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »

Jethro, a mechanic and...whatever else is needed. You pick the alternate job.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:41:52 am »

If any half-dead strangers make their way to your doomed hole in the ground check if there is a bonecarver and bow maker amongst them called RAM who claims their profession as Bonemason. I am not sure what gender they are but I don't think they make friends easily and they don't seem to like the outdoors.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!