Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Twilight "Vampires"  (Read 28528 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight "Vampires"
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2009, 11:50:58 pm »

Ok, but only if you use wooden 100 meter stakes.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2009, 11:53:06 pm »

Ok, but only if you use wooden 100 meter stakes.

I'm sure complete vaporization by a kinetic lance would be effective.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2009, 11:54:58 pm »

It should be noted that these weren't regular nukes. These were magically enhanced nukes. They managed to tear apart the afterlife, and all they did in the end was stun him. It was the concentrated sunlight that did him in.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2009, 11:59:50 pm »

Put the vampire in liquid uranium. Freeze.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2009, 12:03:03 am »

It should be noted that these weren't regular nukes. These were magically enhanced nukes. They managed to tear apart the afterlife, and all they did in the end was stun him. It was the concentrated sunlight that did him in.

The sun is just a big ball of fire, coincidentally a kinetic lance passing through the atmosphere is also a big ball of fire.

With a really crunchy center.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2009, 12:18:29 am »

That's just attaching scientific reasoning to a creature that flagrantly violates the laws of physics by it's very nature.

Sunlight will always be much more powerful then any other expression of fire because of it's metaphysical importance.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2009, 12:43:35 am »

Actually, a vampire might be able to survive even atomization. Dracula could turn into mist and back, why not atoms and back. A more surefire way would be to dismember it, lock the pieces in boxes, and launch the boxes toward different planets.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2009, 12:49:26 am »

Not if you can dodge it. And vampires are inherently dodgy.

Mmm, yes, i'm sure you'll be able to dodge a 100 meter metal pole (probably depleted Uranium, nice and dense) hurtling towards you from orbit at speeds usually reserved for subatomic particles thanks to the aforementioned railgun.

Now dodge ten.

Generally, you'd go for Tungsten actually.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2009, 12:52:15 am »

Mmm, yes, i'm sure you'll be able to dodge a 100 meter metal pole (probably depleted Uranium, nice and dense) hurtling towards you from orbit at speeds usually reserved for subatomic particles thanks to the aforementioned railgun.

Now dodge ten.

Ideally you'd probably use some sort of Tungsten alloy due to it's hardness and heat resistance yes; but Tungsten isn't exactly cheap, depleted uranium has the added bonus that it's the waste output of fission reactors, and thus you get to dump your garbage by using it as orbital bombardment.

I do not see a downside.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2009, 02:19:33 am »

Now dodge ten.

Well, even then, in a railgun, you would need something with very good electric conductivity. Tungsten isn't exactly very conductive. Iridium is really, really heavy, so results in the most kinetic energy, but is not very conductive either. Alloying Iridium (or Osmium, or Osmiridium) with silver for conductivity and less brittleness is a very good idea, when ignoring price.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2009, 02:33:28 am »

Now dodge ten.

Well, even then, in a railgun, you would need something with very good electric conductivity. Tungsten isn't exactly very conductive. Iridium is really, really heavy, so results in the most kinetic energy, but is not very conductive either. Alloying Iridium (or Osmium, or Osmiridium) with silver for conductivity and less brittleness is a very good idea, when ignoring price.

You use a shell casing that is conductive.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2009, 02:37:41 am »

The question is why do girls like that stuff so much? Even some twenty-somethings (!)?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2009, 02:39:37 am »

The question is why do girls like that stuff so much? Even some twenty-somethings (!)?
Because there is a subliminal message on every page that basically reads "Destroy all non-believers."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2009, 02:44:47 am »

Incredibly sexist sounding psychology is required to explain this.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2009, 02:54:25 am »

Now dodge ten.

You use a shell casing that is conductive.

Oh well. Even then, silver shell would be best, no?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19