Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Twilight "Vampires"  (Read 28202 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight "Vampires"
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2009, 03:02:41 am »

The question is why do girls like that stuff so much? Even some twenty-somethings (!)?

Incredibly sexist sounding psychology is required to explain this.

Sometimes you have to be sexist. It's escapist. You take the deep abiding mindset (that we all have) that "I'm an outcast" then link it to another outcast of a similar type (in this case being a nobody likes me becuase of the way I am) give a sympathetic lead a sympathetic partner and people will lap it up. It's easier to do with girls than guys (and guys easier than politically aware guys) because elements of competition are greatly removed.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2009, 05:10:55 am »

Not if you can dodge it. And vampires are inherently dodgy.

Mmm, yes, i'm sure you'll be able to dodge a 100 meter metal pole (probably depleted Uranium, nice and dense) hurtling towards you from orbit at speeds usually reserved for subatomic particles thanks to the aforementioned railgun.

Now dodge ten.

Generally, you'd go for Tungsten actually.

Well, even then, in a railgun, you would need something with very good electric conductivity. Tungsten isn't exactly very conductive. Iridium is really, really heavy, so results in the most kinetic energy, but is not very conductive either. Alloying Iridium (or Osmium, or Osmiridium) with silver for conductivity and less brittleness is a very good idea, when ignoring price.

You use a shell casing that is conductive.

Oh well. Even then, silver shell would be best, no?

No point making the entire shell out of silver; too expensive. Hell with a railgun you only really need to make a 'core' or 'skeleton' out of conductive materials; you only need enough on there to move it.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2009, 07:04:25 am »

Yay, killing twilight vampires. My personal favourite idea is using a CBU-97, modified so that the skeets target human like objects (they're normally for killing vehicles), and perhaps using a depleted uranium-copper 97/3 alloy loadout instead of the conventional copper.

Google informs me that to kill a twilight vampire, you need to tear it to pieces and burn it. I don't care how sparkly you are, a few depleted uranium alloy slugs weighing quarter of a kilogram each, and travelling at several times the speed of sound will shred you quite nicely. Also, did you know that depleted uranium ignites under impact conditions?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2009, 07:58:49 am »

Yay, killing twilight vampires

They establish "There is only one thing that can kill a vampire" twice to my knowledge.

Though the second time is easily explained.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2009, 08:24:41 am »

Whatever happened to stabbing it in the heart, cutting it's head off and sewing it back on backwards, and filling it's insides with garlic?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2009, 08:28:20 am »

Whatever happened to stabbing it in the heart, cutting it's head off and sewing it back on backwards, and filling it's insides with garlic?

Simple, no one knows how to sew anymre. It would make vampires immortal!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2009, 05:34:39 pm »

And hitting them with sub-orbital munitions is just so much more satisfying.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2009, 06:30:00 am »

I find a secret society of sewing ladies bent on destroying all vampires so much more alluring.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 01, 2009, 06:34:08 am »

Well a kinetic lance could be made in the shape of a sewing needle, so technically you could consider it turning a seam on planets.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2009, 01:06:29 pm »

Where did guys with anti-gravity hair and badass 3 meter swords go?

Don't tell me Cloud and Sephirot got old!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2009, 01:07:37 pm »

They're even more effeminate and retarded than Sparklepires.
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2009, 05:07:57 pm »

No, no i think effeminate heroes with anti-gravity hair and ludicrously oversized swords are less retarded than sparkly vampires.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2009, 05:25:46 pm »

No, no i think effeminate heroes with anti-gravity hair and ludicrously oversized swords are less retarded than sparkly vampires.

I have to agree with you. I may not have an ludicrously oversized sword, but every morning I wake up with anti-gravity hair. But the most common reaction when people see it is to laugh and tell me to get a comb.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »

I have to agree with you. I may not have an ludicrously oversized sword, but every morning I wake up with anti-gravity hair. But the most common reaction when people see it is to laugh and tell me to get a comb.

Which is substantially less than the reaction people would have if you sparkled in sunlight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2009, 05:36:06 pm »

I think the reaction you would get is: "Lay off the sparkles!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19