Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ooooh  (Read 3168 times)

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
ooooh
« on: August 30, 2006, 11:22:00 pm »

Mistem Nilsil, farmer, has become enraged.

I did not know dwarves could do that. Luckily he wasn't going berserk at me, considering a lizardman just popped up and jumped at his face. So does becoming enraged improve martial prowess?

HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: ooooh
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 11:31:00 pm »

I wonder how it differs from martial trances.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:40:00 pm »

trance = calm
enraged = RAWWWR KEEEEL

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 11:57:00 pm »

I read that the trances are from being outnumbered.

I think they need to get hurt to become enraged... almost sure!

Edit: Also from what I've seen whenever anything got enraged it was just a fancy show before that person/thing died.  :(
I'm sure it's not always the case.

[ August 31, 2006: Message edited by: Renaxer ]

oof

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 11:58:00 pm »

What are the colors for injures again?

specifically the lightish grayish thats not normal.

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:02:00 am »

Ya know.. I have no idea about this lightish gray everyone mentions...

For me I've always seen:

White > Bright Yellow > Dark Yellow > Red > Dark Gray

With the last one obviously making me sad.  :(

oof

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 12:07:00 am »

its the dark gray... well I know why that lizard man is lying there, my legendary miner, tore off his left arm up to the shoulder with his bare hands, then cheerfully went off to dig another stretch of farms.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 03:58:00 am »

There is a light gray, I have seen it several times, mostly from sparring in the barracks.

It indicates the bruised damage level.

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 06:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PNB:
<STRONG>trance = calm
enraged = RAWWWR KEEEEL</STRONG>

We need ships, for keelhaul.
quote:
Originally posted by Renaxer:
<STRONG>For me I've always seen:
White > Bright Yellow > Dark Yellow > Red > Dark Gray</STRONG>

AFAIK (I think the wiki supports me here)
White (Uninjured) -> Light Gray (Bruised) -> Brown=Dark Yellow (Injured) -> Yellow (Broken) -> Red (Mangled) -> Dark Gray (Gone)
I've never seen anyone recover from a Brown injury, but I think they can eventually heal those, I'm pretty sure broekn is currently permenant. And bruised actually heals pretty quickly.
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 08:09:00 am »

OMG, broken body parts cannot heal? How come?  I had 2 dwarves so far who refused to work with a broken arm, and they were lying in their bed only. I had to restart the game, so I dont know that their broken arms would have been healed or not....

[ September 01, 2006: Message edited by: Tormy ]

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 08:41:00 am »

Broken limbs and extremities are supposed to heal, but currently people get so many unhappy thoughts from having broken limbs that they spend hardly any time in the "Rest" task, as most of their time is spent in the tantrum state instead.  If the spine is broken, however, the dwarf will never heal that injury.

Completely missing limbs will never heal, either, and at present this means a death sentence because your dwarves will always feel "phantom pains" -- missing limbs will not heal over, so your dwarf will go around everywhere with a ragged stump for the rest of his or her life (which is thankfully not that long).

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 09:17:00 am »

Another nice thing to remember is that none-barracks none-bedroom beds are used for housing the injured, a key place for getting rid of the pests (a locked door is good enough for me, but I guess most would rather flood him)
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 09:36:00 am »

Well flooding is bad, especially if one of the highest skilled dwarf broke his arm for example. This happened to my high skilled carpenter btw. However I never had any idea that why is he lying in a bed, and doing nothing. When I spotted him, I had no idea whats going on. [Im still new  :)] .. So I checked his wounds and his arm was broken, but he was already dehydratated.   :confused:
I had no well, so a dwarf tried to give him water, but on his way to the river he was attacked by some monsters, and he dropped the bucket and ran away. My carpenter died.   :confused:
Fantastic game btw, so many different things to take care of.

Btw any plans to add healer dwarves or something like that in the future?

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 04:59:00 pm »

I sure hope apothecaries are added at one time or another.  Dwarves either heal nearly instantly or they almost never heal, depending on your luck.  It would at least be nice if an injury didn't cause so many post-traumatic stress disorders.

"Kilos in the trees, man!  Kilos in the trees!  Kobolds everywhere!  I gotta get OUT OF HERE!  JOHNNYYYYYYYY!!!"

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 05:19:00 pm »

My Dragon Citizens of Dragon Fortress 1, have had no such problems, Being dragons, They simply immolate anything that pisses them off.

:}

Pages: [1] 2