Author Topic: ooooh  (Read 3165 times)

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ooooh
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PNB:
<STRONG>My Dragon Citizens of Dragon Fortress 1, have had no such problems, Being dragons, They simply immolate anything that pisses them off.

:}</STRONG>

How is that working out for you? I would imagine that having one tantruming dragon could pretty well end your entire fortress.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 05:32:00 pm »

pretty well, they are all doing work, one is mining out the first 6 spaces of the mountain face, for resources before we burrow in. the beds are in max production... food is a bit of a bitch due to the fact that brunt foxes and such, don't make a good meal.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Garthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 12:12:00 am »

Breaks heal.  They heal especially well with the newer patches.  I had a dwarf with a broken arm fully heal when he didn't even have his own room.

Now, if they're unconcious, that tends to fuck them up right good.  Also: spinal injuries tend to not heal.

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 03:28:00 am »

Are injuries supposed to prevent sleep?  One unlucky dwarf (the lucky ones died on the spot) tried to go hunting outside my haunted fortress and got a mangled leg and broken arm.  The arm healed quickly enough, but he just laid in bed for months without sleeping, eventually becoming exhausted and going insane.  It it because he's supposed to be in great pain, or is this a bug?

At least the guy had the decency not to throw any tantrums.

seizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 12:06:00 pm »

I've found that broken bodyparts almost always heal if you keep the dwarf happy. Just give him a nice enough room (some statues are good for this) and try to have dwarves availible for bringing food and water. Never had a mangled bodypart heal though, and gone ones are just that, gone. Doesn't seem to hinder the dwarfs that much though.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 08:09:00 pm »

Unconsciousness is death knell for an injured dwarf.  If a dwarf is rendered unconscious (typically due to "Pain"), the unconsciousness does not count as rest and the dwarf will not heal.

My guess is that the system that handles rest and recuperation requires a flat amount of time spent resting before the dwarf recovers a category of injury.  If the rest is interrupted, all previously accrued time is discarded and the dwarf must start over.  If the dwarf is busy throwing tantrums or toggling between consciousness states, the dwarf will not heal and will inevitably go berserk, go insane, become dessicated, or starve to death.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 10:24:00 pm »

I don't know, I've had dwarves in continuous unconsciousness-wake-unconsciousness mode that healed before. Usually in the end they fail to heal completely but some of their wounds will end up going away, eventually.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 10:38:00 pm »

We need medicine, opiates and stuff that can be used to force a dwarf into healing sleep.  Of course, then they could get addicted or something.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Renaxer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 12:45:00 am »

Well, since this thread I fooled around a bit on adventure mode, and I got to see the "Light Gray" wound, yay!

I did mix the yellow up with the brown/darkyellow.

Although the light gray didn't come from bruises.. first one was from a "cut" & the second time a flying arrow pierced my guy's left hand = light gray. I think I saw Dark Yellow/Brown pop up when I, or the enemies would get Badly Bruised.

Now in fortress mode, I agree healing = much better.
In the older version I had a dwarf with broken bone(s) he crawled out of his bed in a berserk rage looking for someone to kill.
Recently a dwarf recovered... after like a year+ of waiting though.

Well anyway, I recently was under seige by goblins & two of my dwarves have been mangled. I'm watching them closely!

The Swordsdwarf with a mangled head is actually resting well with his pet cow.
The Axedwarf with the mangled upper body & right lung on the other hand won't stop throwing fits.

I'm hoping my swordsdwarf pulls through!

Anyone seen someone in red recover?

oof

Quiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 07:26:00 pm »

Now personally, I have an injured person who has been resting in the barracks.  It is however a different bed that is defining the barracks.  This is actually pretty nice since the barracks is right next to the kitchen and is also near a well (though I guess that doesn't matter if they run to a river to get water instead)
Pages: 1 [2]