Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Exposure

(1/3) > >>

Kavalion:
I embarked in a freezing biome but none of my dwarves have died from exposure!  I sent one of my axedwarves to hunt sasquatch and he beheaded one without even losing his toes to frostbite.

Do all their starting clothes need to rot off first?  Temperature is on and I'm getting plenty of snowstorms.  The brook is completely frozen over, too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lemunde:
I embarked once into an extremely hot biome and aside from my dwarves being a little more thirsty I didn't notice any ill effects.  I guess dwarves are pretty hardy people and it takes a lot more than exposure to the elements to bring them down.

Poojawa:

--- Quote from: Kavalion on November 29, 2009, 11:19:23 am ---I embarked in a freezing biome but none of my dwarves have died from exposure!  I sent one of my axedwarves to hunt sasquatch and he beheaded one without even losing his toes to frostbite.

Do all their starting clothes need to rot off first?  Temperature is on and I'm getting plenty of snowstorms.  The brook is completely frozen over, too

--- End quote ---

Well, you don't immidately die from exposure either do you?

Leave 'em outside for a year, then they'll die :P

twwolfe:
lucky you. I once had a world with very sharp temp spikes.

as in, near a human town? you're fine. take ten steps over? It gets so hot it boils Leather!

Kavalion:

--- Quote from: Poojawa on November 29, 2009, 11:54:47 am ---Leave 'em outside for a year, then they'll die :P

--- End quote ---

Perhaps I should.  I was expecting to have to run indoors and hide during the winter at least to avoid deaths, but I was just able to keep constructing cabins as usual.

Oh well, I like the snow.  Funny I have to contend with dehydration rather than freezing to death, though.  I collapsed some ice floors and put a well over a 7/7 water square, but it didn't last long before the dwarves injured while training drank it all and the well went dry.  No way to get unlimited water without magma?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version