Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

My liason is seeking new employment.

(1/4) > >>

Raphite1:
     The dwarf liason showed up the first autumn with a missing leg. He spent a few month dragging himself around and blacking out, and finally went mad during a rainshower. He promptly got caught in one of my cage traps.

So.... what's the best use of a caged liason?

Pandarsenic:
Giant Cave Spider Bait.

Grimlocke:
Well, sucky thing to happen, now you wont be able to request anything from your dwarves.

You could make him a decoration I guess, I dont think liasons ever need to eat or drink, so you basically have a zero-maintenance caged-dwarf decoration :P

Or you could commnit science and see how many times it can survive being bridgapulted.

Stargrasper:
Provided you don't need the cage, you should probably keep him alive.  Even if he's insane, if he's not dead he's still good.  Namely, dwarves don't like it when other dwarves die at your fortress for any reason.  It tends to hurt things like your reputation(which is theorized to affect trading and immigration).

Remember, dead or alive, he'll never be replaced.  Plan so that you can go without a caravan and then hope and prey that when it does come, it brings useful stuff.

Poojawa:

--- Quote from: Stargrasper on November 29, 2009, 10:22:20 pm ---Provided you don't need the cage, you should probably keep him alive.  Even if he's insane, if he's not dead he's still good.  Namely, dwarves don't like it when other dwarves die at your fortress for any reason.  It tends to hurt things like your reputation(which is theorized to affect trading and immigration).

Remember, dead or alive, he'll never be replaced.  Plan so that you can go without a caravan and then hope and prey that when it does come, it brings useful stuff.

--- End quote ---

Gift him back to the dwarf caravan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version