Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Confusion about Depots

(1/2) > >>

Kyronea:
So, can wagons not access depots that are underground? Part of my current fortress design has my depot isolated underground so that it's well away from my fortress defenses and can be easily isolated in the event of a seige, and yet when checking the depot accessibility, apparently the entire map is inaccessible to wagons and so is my depot.

Quietust:
Depots most certainly can be accessed underground - if yours is inaccessible, zoom to its location and view (D)epot accessibility to see where the obstacle is (depot accessibility travels outward from the depot itself).

Remember that wagons cannot travel up or down stairs - in order for them to get underground, you must use ramps.

(edit: typo fix)

Kyronea:

--- Quote from: Quietust on November 30, 2009, 09:08:18 am ---Depots most certainly can make it underground - if yours is inaccessible, zoom to its location and view (D)epot accessibility to see where the obstacle is (depot accessibility travels outward from the depot itself).

Remember that wagons cannot travel up or down stairs - in order for them to get underground, you must use ramps.

--- End quote ---
They can't use stairs?

Crap. That would be the problem then. Right. I'll have to fix this...somehow. (Probably just by locating the depot somewhere else.

Urist Imiknorris:
They're WAGONS. They don't have feet. How could you expect them to use STAIRS?!

It's like letting nobles live. Easy to do, but wrong.

(except the DM. He's cool.)

Kyronea:

--- Quote from: Urist Imiknorris on November 30, 2009, 11:06:58 am ---They're WAGONS. They don't have feet. How could you expect them to use STAIRS?!

It's like letting nobles live. Easy to do, but wrong.

(except the DM. He's cool.)

--- End quote ---
I'm spoiled by other games that let you do such things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version