Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: BM7: PokeBox #058: Town Victory!  (Read 41321 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: BM7: PokeBox #058: Town Victory!
« Reply #420 on: January 17, 2010, 01:49:24 pm »

Though if I opened my box and saw half my pokemon dead because of the other half, I would've probably smote the whole lot of them.
Or drop some more shadows in and see what happened.

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2010, 02:40:43 am »

Well played! I wasn't exactly sure why you all lynched the cop, but eh - we still won so it's all good :).

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2010, 10:35:32 am »

^_^

Glad people liked the ending.

FYI, a scum victory ending would have read almost exactly the same, with them waiting for aeons, poised to break free and exact vengeance, but never getting the opportunity, existing in a constant state of anticipation that any moment now they would get the opportunity to escape.

Just doing my part to make people feel guilty about playing lighthearted video games!

Maybe a Chibi-Robo game next... I can think of some hilariously depressing ways to end that...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2010, 10:49:40 am »

And people fussed at me during BM2 for being morbid. :P

(For one of the death scenes, the floor of the building the debate was being held in was paved over in cement with one of the townies trapped inside.  The townie was still 'alive' at the start of the day and the others had to work while hearing a "bang bang bang" going on below them.  After a while the banging stopped. 

The players seemed to want to start lurking soon after that and it took some fussing from me and a last minute extension to get them to wake up again.)
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2010, 02:43:03 pm »

Hah, I remember pokemon.  I generally caught one of whatever I ran into, and remember becoming quite upset if I ended up with multiples.  Box 1 and 2 were reserved for "interesting" or useful pokemon, i.e. my level 600 Snorlax, Scyther, whatever (at the time, I hadn't figured out a sorting schema of which I was particularly fond, so they were mostly unordered).  Mostly, though, I liked taking my starter and running the entire game with it alone.

*sigh* At one point, I knew all the pokemon by number (plus some statistics about weight, etc. in some cases) and could identify them by sound.  In contrast with that, I repeatedly got myself lost in Viridian Forest to the point of needing to call people for advice (though I somehow half-memorized Mewtwo's cave after a brief look at my cousin's strategy guide).

The only problem with remembering games you used to enjoy is when you go back and they're terrible/largely uninteresting, like Pokemon Red, Harvest Moon, or any of the old Street Fighters.  Ah, well... I guess we all have to grow up eventually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 19, 2010, 06:54:18 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 19, 2010, 06:54:58 pm »

level 600 Snorlax
WHAT IS THIS

Have you never run into the MissingNo bug?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 19, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »

The infinite rare candy thing? Yeah, I abused that to no end, but I remember the level cap was 100 or something, right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 19, 2010, 06:56:05 pm »

level 600 Snorlax
WHAT IS THIS

All my MissingNo guys turn into Kangaroos.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 19, 2010, 07:00:12 pm »

The infinite rare candy thing? Yeah, I abused that to no end, but I remember the level cap was 100 or something, right?

Oh, no.  First off, you usually use it for Master Balls (because rare candy lowers stat increases, which sucks).  Second off, if you go to some region (i.e., the Safari Zone) and head over to Cinnabar, then Surf on the right-hand side of the island... you'll run into pokemon from that area.  Thus, it's a great way to get infinite time in the "Safari Zone," so that you can catch as many scyther and parasec as you want with no trouble.

The funky thing is that the levels are often screwed up when you do this, so at some point I went along there and caught a lvl ~600 Snorlax with hyperbeam.  I saved it just to screw with people who wanted to do battledome stuff, because if you use it in the normal game it will "level up" to lvl 100.

level 600 Snorlax
WHAT IS THIS

All my MissingNo guys turn into Kangaroos.

Yeah, they do... but often if you catch them, they'll screw your game over permanently (can't remember how, it was kind of weird.  Happened to my cousin).  So don't catch them.  Catch the other stuff.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2010, 07:04:57 pm »

Yeah, the MissingNo thing was annoying because I kept running into level 150 Tangelas or whatnot when I was trying to get MissingNo.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 19, 2010, 08:11:30 pm »

I generally fought with one of the infectious missingnos that spread some of the code problems to other games.

I was a horrible person for finding it hilarious, I think - but man, I had a collection of a number of different missingnos. I loved those things - twer my favoritest pokemon, and I miss them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2010, 08:16:08 pm »

I generally fought with one of the infectious missingnos that spread some of the code problems to other games.

I was a horrible person for finding it hilarious, I think - but man, I had a collection of a number of different missingnos. I loved those things - twer my favoritest pokemon, and I miss them.

Hah, that's terrible.  I would have never thought of that one.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 19, 2010, 10:11:51 pm »

Yeah, you bring em out, especially with someone who doesn't know about them, and it looks all pixelated. They are all like "what is that?"

And if you missingno attacks? The enemy pokemon becomes a pixelated mess! And they freak out! Hilarious!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]