Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

"Workshop profile" for siege engines

(1/1)

Footkerchief:
I'd like a system for selecting who can and can't use siege engines just like is currently in place for workshops and levers.  It may seem strange and unnecessary, but it would actually be very useful.I have a bunch of catapults that I use for training.  About half of my siege operators are legendary already, and I don't need them training on the catapults -- I'd rather leave the catapults free for the novices.  Workshop profiles could handle this automatically (Max - Grand Master or whatever's right below legendary).Similarly, I have a bunch of ballistas I use for actual defense.  I don't want the novices trying to operate those in a siege situation, so there, Min - Legendary would solve the problem.

winner:
disable the skill on the legendaries and then re-enable it when there is a siegeand do the opposite for the novices[ March 19, 2008: Message edited by: winner ]

Yourself:
quote:Originally posted by winner:
<STRONG>disable the skill on the legendaries and then re-enable it when there is a siegeand do the opposite for the novices[ March 19, 2008: Message edited by: winner ]</STRONG>Well of course you could do that, but that's not the point.  It'd be much easier for siege engines to have a workshop profile, so you wouldn't have to go through the trouble of fiddling with the job settings.

Earthquake Damage:
<STRONG>disable the skill on the legendaries and then re-enable it when there is a siegeand do the opposite for the novices[ March 19, 2008: Message edited by: winner ]</STRONG>The beauty of workshop profiles is it eliminates this level of micromanagement.

Footkerchief:
<STRONG>disable the skill on the legendaries and then re-enable it when there is a siegeand do the opposite for the novices[ March 19, 2008: Message edited by: winner ]</STRONG>I already do this.  As the people above said, the point is to eliminate this kind of tedium.  I have like 20 siege operators and get 2-3 sieges a year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version