Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Equipment  (Read 1065 times)

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing Equipment
« on: December 02, 2009, 06:36:57 pm »

I bought a large iron helm from a passing human caravan recently, wanting my Guard Captain to equip it. The problem is, he already has on a Pig Tail Cap, and I cant get him to remove it. I set it for dumping and designated a garbage zone, but he still doesn't take it off. He's activated right now and the only dwarf allowed for plate atm.

How do I get the hat off, without maiming my dwarf in the process, and without a complex pump system. :P
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Equipment
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 06:39:22 pm »

It's not the right size for a dwarf.

If any item has "small", "large", "narrow", or "stout", it can not be equipped by your dwarves. (Except for leather items from animals with large in their names, like large rat.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »

He can't wear the Large Iron Helm anyway; it's Large, i.e. too big. Narrow, Wide, and Small items also cannot be used by your dwarves.

He owns the cap in question, so you can't force him to do anything with it. The best you can do is set him to wrestling and hope that another dwarf yanks it off.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:47:43 pm »

Also, it might not be a terribly bad thing for your guard captain to wear both a pig tail cap and an iron helm, since the armor bonuses stack, IIRC. Also, are you sure he's actually wearing it, that he has it in his inventory? If not, you can do whatever you please with it, preferably either melting or decorating.