Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Dedicated to symbols

(1/19) > >>

Mike Mayday:
This question will probably not earn me much popularity, but I wanted to know if this would be much of an effort:
The option to create a large font file thanks to which you can assign a unique symbol for all (or most, if you wish)objects in the game.[ October 17, 2007: Message edited by: Mike Mayday ]

mickel:
I've been wanting that a long time. There are plenty of nice character sets on the Wiki which provide very pretty symbols that clearly indicate what they're of, but so long as some characters are used for several different objects (and some objects have different symbols (e.g. doors)) the game can't go beyond the ASCII symbols that put off a lot of players. I'm not sure if this is a big thing, but it's really necessary for playability and customisability.

Savok:
It has been requested several times in a variety of threads and wanted by most of the forum, IIRC.

BurnedToast:
This is already supported for creatures, check graphical tilesets on the wiki.adding support for all tiles is already on the list of things to do eventually, IIRC.yes it will be awesome once it's enabled.

Mike Mayday:
Yeah, I know about that. I'm actually working on modifying DR's tiles or actually remaking most of it from scratch, since we're both just basing on the original "example" when it comes to the dwarves (however I don't intend to change the stuff I like, so props still go to him greatly). I believe I'm achieving a slighly more aesthetic and definately clearer effect.
I'm also using the Guybrush font, slightly remade by me:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version