Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Thieft

(1/2) > >>

Zulaf:
Was playing and got an idea about the thiefs and mandrills. i was thinking it would be cool if the mandrill/thiefs didnt just poof disapear but instead they have a camp for awhile on map so in case a artifact gets stolen, or a lot of food and you need it for the winter you can go raiding there camp. you could even save the children if they get kidnaped, there could be a time lemit for this in the form of another kidnaper appearing on map to buy the child from the one who stole it.maybe you could have your soldiers carry back the loot(including weapons clothing bags ect ect.). there could be more insentive to raid there camps cause they might want to comeback a steal some more.

Mechanoid:
Wasn't there something about humans setting up camp fires when they seige your fortress?Anyways, this and that would both be awsome to have. Obviously not in the next release, but the one after it.

BurnedToast:
mandrills are monkeys... wild animals. they don't set up camps. Also, why would a thief set up a camp right outside the fort he just snagged some stuff from? it doesn't make sense.If thieves are stealing your stuff, you just need to defend it better. a few war dogs on chains near the door is more then enough to stop thieves.as for kidnappers... meh. Children are stupid and useless anyway so I think of them as doing me a public service by taking them.

Zulaf:
quote:Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>mandrills are monkeys... wild animals. they don't set up camps. Also, why would a thief set up a camp right outside the fort he just snagged some stuff from? it doesn't make sense.If thieves are stealing your stuff, you just need to defend it better. a few war dogs on chains near the door is more then enough to stop thieves.</STRONG>i didnt mean they make a camp with a camp fire and everything i meant something like the monkeys just hangout for awhile, as for the thiefs and kinapers i thought in the next release the whole area around the fort/town/whatever wouldnt be fully visable for some reason.

Lightning4:
Well, maybe not letting them hang around is the answer...But what would really help is being able to send an army to a kobold fortress, when armies are implemented. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version