Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Tantrum Spiral Treatment

(1/4) > >>

expwnent:
I've seen lots of stuff about prevention of tantrum spirals, but not much about treatment. Are there any good ways of increasing happiness in the short term? Often, you can see a trantrum spiral coming, but I've found that almost as often, it's still too late.

The main problem with tantrum spirals for me is with dwarves upset about the death of their friends. I've started mass-producing burial receptacles, but I'm not sure how much that helps. Does it help?

TigerPlushie:
How about detention? Locking up unhappy dwarves in an AWESOME room?

FaultyLogic:
Well, if you don't have time for coffins, make sure there is a graveyard stockpile a bit off, so they don't have to endure the decay of their friends. I think that helps a fraction.

Perhaps have alot of caged critters and goblins and let the dwarf take joy in some slaughter?

expwnent:

--- Quote from: TigerPlushie on December 03, 2009, 09:02:15 am ---How about detention? Locking up unhappy dwarves in an AWESOME room?

--- End quote ---

How does this work? Do they get happier from admiring well-constructed things? Do their chains/cages have to be touching the things they admire or just in the same designated room?

Macalano:
Apply magma.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version