Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Invisible Menace! Death Stalks StirredBanners!

(1/5) > >>

loser:
What the fucking fuck?

Dwarves have begun dropping dead with no apparent cause.

One up in the top-of-the-map barracks/statue garden/meeting zone, where he or she was sleeping.

One in the Legendary Dining Room, where he or she was eating.

One in the Agricultural Complex, where he or she was grabbing a drink fresh from the still.

One in the hallway to the dump (which drops into a chasm), to which he or she was carrying a sub-masterful green glass statue.

One on his or her way to that same hallway, also carrying a sub-masterful green glass statue.

This has all happened within less than a minute.

There is one other dwarf who canceled a task due to injury but didn't die.  This dwarf has a light gray to Upper Body, a yellow to Head, Right Upper Leg, Nose, Neck, and Upper Spine, a red to Left Upper Arm and Brain (!!) and is winded.  She is located in the open-to-air passage out from the Trade Depot to one of the map edges (essentially a canyon carved out by the dwarves).  she seems to have just now dropped her pick and there is a Spattering of Blood on an adjacent tile.

The lines in my Announcement Log go like this.

Lor Kekimsarvesh, Bowyer cancels Sleep: Resting injury
Lor Kekimsarvesh cancels Detail Floor: Resting injury
Lor Kekimsarvesh, Bowyer has been struck down
Zon Bidokzon, Glassmaker cancels Eat: Unconscious
Zon Bidokzon, Glassmaker has bled to death
Reg Zefonerith, Clothier cancels Dump Item: Too injured
Reg Zefonerith, Clothier has been struck down
Melbil Lukamost, Blacksmith cancels Detail Floor: Too injured
Geshud Kadoloddom, Glassmaker cancels Dump Item: Too injured
Geshud Kadoloddom, Glassmaker has bled to death
Rakust Siguntat, Metalsmith cancels drink: Unconscious
Rakust Siguntat, Metalsmith has bled to death

There are no threats on the Units list.  Other than a couple of groundhogs down (or up) on the ground, the only hostile wild animals are contained in the sealed-off magma pipe & underground pool.  There is no funhouse on this map.

The fortress has been running for seven years and no previous deaths were at all mysterious.  Prior to the sudden passing of those five dwarves, the population was 217.  It is 12th Timber, 207, Late Autumn.

I am playing df_28_181_40d with no mods.

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on before I unpause the game and watch more dwarves die of some mysterious hemorrhagic fever?

Edit: no tantrumming dwarves and the Captain of the Guard position remains vacant.

elizar:
Have you checked the justice screen? The last time something like this happened to me it was because the newly appointed Baron had banned the export of rings after I had traded with the traders. The tantrum spiral was Fun.

loser:

--- Quote from: elizar on December 04, 2009, 11:26:27 am ---Have you checked the justice screen? The last time something like this happened to me it was because the newly appointed Baron had banned the export of rings after I had traded with the traders. The tantrum spiral was Fun.

--- End quote ---
There are a whole hell of a lot of violations on the Justice Screen.   The most awesome is the murder of the Countess Consort, the only murder so far.

Two things, though:

1.  Without a Captain of the Guard, no punishments should be administered.

2.  The events were just too ...

We interrupt this reply with breaking news.

Apparently someone got assigned to the Fortress Guard, somehow, and has gone Brutal Batman on the corruption plaguing Gotham.

Must have hit the wrong keys on the wrong interface mode or something.  Not sure how that happened, but it's pretty clear, now.

Thanks, Elizar.  You got it.

Puzzlemaker:
Hahahaha, poor citizens of gotham.  I feel for them.

silhouette:
Name a dwarf the joker
name him!
Have him the worst offender that hasnt been killed yet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version