Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: After the age of heroes...  (Read 42611 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: After the age of heroes...
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2012, 07:08:25 am »

After reading the itallic texts and regenning few worlds with my old mod, I believe that Twilight, Fairy Tales and Civilization ages are progressives like Myth/Legends/Heroes.

And the order would be: Age of Twilight (?% of 'magical' critters left) -> Age of Fairy Tales (90% of sentients are 'mundane', for example, humans) -> Age of Civilization (no critters with 'magical' tag at all).

Actually, Twilight age seems to appear when all civilization are weak from wars/megabeast rampages and are weakening instead of becoming stronger. Thats what the description says too.

I made that description back then and I can make it void any moment :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:17 am »

Huh? .-.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2012, 07:12:49 am »

Huh? .-.

See, I was the guy who supplied all the ages descriptions with painful genning of worlds in my avernum mod (where magic critters died quickly, thus Age of Twilight and others happened), and now I genned few more words and I can bring out better conclusion: that those three ages are dependent on percentage of 'magical' critters left, and not civilizations like I thought back then :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:25 am »

Oh, okay ._.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:18 am »

Having a "Age of three powers" is easy. Just create a world with only 3 - either titan or megabeast- great creature.
You will first see "age of three powers", then "age of XX and XX", and after "Age of -nameofthecreature" or "Age of raceofthiscreature" or "The nameofthecreature-ic age" (For the titan, i haven't check wether it's "Titanic age" ? ^^ Seems to work only with dragon and not with Roccish, or Hydric)

After the age of myth and legends, there SHOULD be a "three power" or "age of XXX", when it's only 2 or 3 megabeast creature.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2012, 07:13:20 am »

After the age of myth and legends, there SHOULD be a "three power" or "age of XXX", when it's only 2 or 3 megabeast creature.

The problem is, any world that has Age of Myth/Legend is too large for Age of Heroes having less than 3 megabeasts/titans/FB's.

Which means small/medium/large worlds have chances of getting 'Age of Three Powers' close to 0.
SigFlags!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2012, 08:01:42 am »

It's not "close to 0". It's 0. If it begins with "Age of Myth/legend", it can't be "Age of three power" and after "Age of XXX and XXX" and then "Age of XXX". Even in pocket world. It just doesn't happen. Eventually after the age of heroes come twilight/golden age and that's all.

And I think there should be more different ages (such as "Age of wars"), because it's not very original...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2012, 08:25:21 am »

I've never gotten anything other than:

Age of Myth
Age of Legends
Age of Heroes
Golden Age
Twilight Age.

Mind you, my computer tends to overheat and die at about the 550th year.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2012, 10:57:02 pm »

The werebeast/vampire bloat problem could be solved in a very elegant way, I think.

During a rampage, the beast MUST kill.  HAS to kill.  If they do not, they DIE.  A villager who gets scratched and runs away does not count, although they may be turned depending on their luck.  So a werebeast attacking a village must eat one of the villagers, or die.

Adds a new mechanic to Fortress mode, too.  Want to keep Urist McDracula alive?  You better figure out who you want to sacrifice.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2012, 11:18:03 pm »

You mean as a worldgen only mechanic? Because that would be difficult to apply to community infiltrators and adventurers, though they could stand a little more challenge so they're less attractive and imbalanced.

How about if they simply had to compete for territory with night trolls and semi-megas? How often do you see them encountering each other in history; why aren't vampires and werewolves getting culled by those encounters and fights with each other? Why do I see 30 night trolls packed into one lair while vampires get their own, sometimes with no more than 4 others? Why are 12 hydra in one lair for that matter? I haven't seen bronze collosi since genning this world, but the way things have gone I'm afraid I'm going to meet them all in one place.

camz123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2012, 07:02:07 pm »

IIRC the age of emptiness takes into account almost all living creatures in the world. If you truly want to do it you must be the only living creature left, and then find a suitable way to deal with yourselfyourself.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]