Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Damn you, Armok!  (Read 35947 times)

Nobbins

• Bay Watcher
  • Dustland
    • View Profile
Re: Damn you, Armok!
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2010, 08:23:03 pm »

... Iron Man meat? They must have magical dentists, those... maggots... probably...
Nobbins's Tileset Shoppe
It would mean that once a year, all of your female cats suddenly explode if there are any male cats around.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2010, 08:44:01 pm »

Maybe not the meat of Iron Man, but iron human flesh? I dunno, like fossilized human flesh, except with iron instead of rock?

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2010, 09:24:51 pm »

The dwarves started eating metal statues?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »

Dwarves are tough. Superdwarvenly tough, sometimes.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2010, 10:07:47 pm »

I tried the bug, but all I got was a rampaging zombie mermaid, a wagon-eating mermaid, a bunch of giants getting killed by kobolds, humans at embark, and a treant that ate a cat.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2010, 10:35:31 pm »

I tried the bug, but all I got was a rampaging zombie mermaid, a wagon-eating mermaid, a bunch of giants getting killed by kobolds, humans at embark, and a treant that ate a cat.
That... you aren't satisfied with that?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2010, 11:33:59 pm »

My attempt led to merpersons and treants becoming megabeasts, trying to embark as humans (with the dwarven stuff) and crashing everything.

Just like always, then.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2010, 01:04:26 am »

You mean to tell me you've never had any of that happen to you in vanilla?!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2010, 01:39:32 am »

Wagon-eating mermaids? Back in '52 we had those every other day, son. You young kids now with your stable builds...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2010, 02:44:22 am »

You mean to tell me you've never had any of that happen to you in vanilla?!
No, not even close.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2010, 03:23:14 am »

Giants really do get slaughtered by kobolds...  It's been toned down quite a bit, but the little buggers are pretty good at getting the last word in on the big baddies.  They used to be downright invincible, slayinf demons left and right.

Crafty little yappers, they are...

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 05:48:13 am »

has anyone tried shoving their matgloss_minerals into, say, a creature file?

and is this silliness the direct result of an extremely unlikely bug, or is it a crafty invention of Toady to show you that the raws shouldn't be trifled with?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 04:08:28 pm »

If Toady told people not to mess with the raws, at least half the fanbase would start messing with the raws.

So he'd have to use a subliminal message.

Except that if he did that, bad things would happen, not awesome things like rampaging zombie mermaids that eat wagons.

Luna

• Bay Watcher
  • [AMPHIBIOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2010, 04:25:04 pm »

has anyone tried shoving their matgloss_minerals into, say, a creature file?
I'm totally trying this. Posting results in a minute. I suspect it will either go spectacularly wrong or do nothing at all.
EDIT: How dissapointing. Nothing at all out of the ordinary. I rather suspected this would happen though. I think I'll try messing around a little more.

EDIT2:OMG, I just duplicated the raw for dwarves and genned a new world and I now have sentient adamantine!   :o He seems to be some kind of megabeast and frequently went on elf killing rampages. He was also worshipped by many dwarves and humans. He had 42 kills. I'm going to find him in adv mode and see if the game crashes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:43:43 pm by Luna »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2010, 05:07:21 pm »

;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7