Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [RESOLVED]Missing Word Definition: Crashing when loading saves  (Read 2125 times)

Droopy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED]Missing Word Definition: Crashing when loading saves
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:08:46 pm »

Hi, when I've been trying to continue playing on my fortress, it continually comes up with the message FATAL ERROR  Missing word definition. I looked at another thread which had the same problem as me, but when I redownload the game and copy the init file back into the folder, the problem still comes up. The error log reads Duplicate Object: word.

If anyone can help, that would be awesome.

(P.S. Is the "vanilla init file" different from the regular init.txt file?)

RESOLVED: Thanks to Footkerchief for trying to help :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:06:02 am by Droopy »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing when loading saves
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 11:37:04 pm »

"Vanilla init file" means an init file identical to the one in the official release.  What version are you using?  Have you been moving your save between versions, or playing on someone else's save?  Have you deleted any files from DF's /raw/objects directory?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 11:41:19 pm by Footkerchief »

Droopy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:06:41 pm »

I'm using the Slaves to Armok Version II. I don't have multiple versions so I'm not moving saves between them. My computer is a Vista running computer, and I haven't been deleting any files from DF's directory. The only thing that I've altered is the init file.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:18:48 pm »

Haha, I meant what version of Dwarf Fortress.  On the DF main menu, right above "Start Playing" and/or "Continue Playing," there'll be a string of letters and numbers starting with "v0".  That's the version number.  We need to know what it is.

Also, could you copy-paste the contents of your init file into your post?  Put [code]these tags around the contents[/code] to make them easy to read.

Droopy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED]Missing Word Definition: Crashing when loading saves
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:06:59 am »

I found the problem, I had a program called Dwarf Manager open while loading my game, which causes issues. All I had to do was close Dwarf Manager and run DF by itself.