Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Screampacks. Dwarves repelled, once again. Only 4 cats lost!  (Read 26713 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Screampacks. Dwarves have returned. 2 squads, led by elites. Ohshit.
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:45 am »

*Random peasant cat grabs an axe, armor, and moves to fight*

Give him the name of Hrmurr the Purr.

Let's see if he kills someone before dying :P

Did my previous cat got a normal casket in the underground or turned into nutritious goo aboveground?

*Yeah, I know, I'm a bit late for that :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screampacks. Dwarves have returned. 2 squads, led by elites. Ohshit.
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2010, 09:27:08 pm »

The cats huddled inside their fortress of wooden walls. Outside, the dwarves prepared for war. One group, led by one of the most skilled crossbowmen in the armies of the Vestibule of Sensing, set up camp to the southwest. The other, led by Tulon Helmpaddled, charged directly for the west gate.
Inside, the Screampacks military lined up in anticipation. If it was outright war these bearded giants wanted, then they would get all the war they could stomach.

Tulon rounded the corner into the town, and stopped at the sight. Almost twenty feline warriors were clustered into a clump down the street, waiting. His eyes picked out the one who appeared to be their leader. This had to be him. Amalgam.

Tulon shouted out a challenge. "Hey, pussycat! Stop skulking behind the kittens and come out! This is between us, and you."

Amalgam smirked, slowly. "You expect me to believe that, dwarf scum? I know your kind better than that. You're murderers, every one. I watched your kind drowning kittens by the barrelfull, even when you knew they were no mere beasts. What do dwarves have to do with honorable combat?"

Tulon glared, a dark flush of anger. "You didn't give us a choice, did you?? We did what we had to to keep from being drowned in cats! And look what happened, even with our attempts to stop your kind. Half of Reignportal was killed! My two brothers were eaten alive!"

Amalgam yawned, feigning boredom. "Then it may have been me that chewed on their throats. What of it? You come here to mess with me, you face the fury of all of Screampacks. We cats stand together against such as you. All of you, whoever comes... we will devour you! We cannot be stopped! We will conquer!"

Tulon glowered. "It's true then. What we heard from the elves. You're trying to revive this town into its former glories." He spat. "I remember those days. I fought to end it then, and succeeded. It's only fitting that I should do so again!"

Shouting a dwarven battle cry to the heavens, he charged at the waiting cats, his squad following. The cats yowled as one and poured forwards. OddProphet hurled himself at the imposing dwarven leader - and took a maceblow that shattered his front legs. "I knew that would happen," he hissed between clenched teeth as he limped away.

100killer9 had better luck, though, cannoning into Tulon with enough force to knock the imposing dwarf to the ground. He struggled to get to his feet, but a goblin bone dart pierced his throat. Choking on his blood, he wasn't able to stop Amalgam from ripping off his breastplate and tearing his heart out.

Around this grisly scene, the sounds of mayhem erupted as the two columns collided.

Rica charged for a swordsdwarf, nimbly evading a blow - but she ended up right in the middle of three swordsdwarves. Their steel blades descended, and she fell headless.

But elsewhere, the cats were prevailing. One warrior caught a swordstroke on his back that nearly severed the spine and gashed both lungs, but the dwarves were no match for the superior speed, ferocity, and numbers of the felines, as well as the deadly darts that were raining down from the markscats. As the front of the dwarven column fell under a mass of writhing jaws, the rear began to break ranks and flee.

One sworddwarf was not fast enough, and was quickly surrounded by no less than seven cat warriors. He never had a chance.

The cats celebrated that night, after burying their honored dead (and recruiting citizens to take the place of the fallen) - but one dwarven squad remained, huddled around their campfire, planning their attack. Their plan was to let their leader pick off the cats with his crossbow, a tactic which had proven very effective for the cats.
But Amalgam wasn't planning on giving them the pleasure of dictating the terms of the encounter. Early that morning, the entire Screampacks military and a handful of citizen militia lined up just outside the dwarven camp.

In the failing light, one of the dwarves caught a flash of metal. "Look!" he murmered to the dwarf next to him. "A scout!"
Indeed, a lone cat was sauntering just outside the firelight, appearing to do her best to remain hidden. But 100killer9 was not trying to hide, of course. No, she succeeded admirably at merely looking like she wanted to avoid detection.
Half the dwarven camp rushed wholesale at the feline, expecting a quick fight or, at the least, to chase her off. "Stop! It might be a trap!" yelled their leader ineffectually.

It was too late. The dwarves had strayed into the trees, out of sight and crossbow range from the camp, when they feline army set upon the stragglers.

The cats charged at the oncoming dwarves, catching them off-guard. Half of them were unable to react before they were pulled down by the mass of cats. The others tried to put up resistance, managing to behead the citizen who had made the wondrous hatch cover and slash the lungs of one of the military recruits, but they too were pulled down.

Seeing almost half of his squad pulled down by such a trick, the dwarven leader gave the order to retreat.

And no, Haspen, you weren't too late - I put two legendary woodcutters in the militia when taking on the second squad. You're the one that survived.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screampacks. Dwarves repelled, once again. Only 4 cats lost!
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2010, 09:47:31 pm »

Glory to the Cats! Dwarven roasts and dwarven bone crafts for everyone :D you should try and get some bone something for everyone who scores a kill :P who needs crafts anyway?
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2010, 10:16:58 pm »

I'm doing something like that, namely, people who get kills get skull totems for up to the first five placed in their rooms.

Also, Sindain, have you requested a cat yet? 'Cause you should.
Anyone reading this who doesn't have a cat, just remember: There's a markschampion with 38 kills, a couple of cats who made artifacts and are now legendary, a mayor who's dad is in cahoots with some mysterious Council, the aforementioned dad, the soon-to-arrive Council's Agent, and a whole host of cannon fodder to pick from. Seriously. :P

Anyway.

As the military withdrew back to the town after the hard-fought battle, Amalgam suddenly realized something that had been bothering him. It was one of the warriors, a rather dull fellow named "Lapchase." Something about him had seemed... familiar. And he only now realized it.
The resemblance was uncanny. Amalgam wondered why he hadn't noticed it before. But the guy... looked a hell of a lot like Amalgam, come to think of it.
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

Stafir Ortnev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2010, 01:48:44 am »

Is that a mirror?  No, notta mirror..must be a lapin trick..yes yes..lapin trick, no mirror here.  Lapin trick talk sometimes..but still lapin trick...though has good ideas too.  Smart lapin trick?  Need find lapin...are holes not big enough follow lapin?  Maybe need more holes find lapin...yes more holes...chase lapin..get lapin...gonna chase lapin...yes..chase lapin...
Newbie still learnin the game, don''t mind me.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:10 am »

give me a cannon fooder cat then :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2010, 08:51:52 am »

Did Hrmurr managed to kill a dwarf? Or two?
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:37 am »

Nooooo!

Decapitation, my only weakness!!

Highlander-Cat has been struckdown.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2010, 03:53:19 pm »

Hrmurr didn't get any kills, but did help out - having a legendary woodcutter with even a flimsy, wimpy weapon does contribute. Do you want to join the military full-time (which would probably mean giving up the hatchet for the much more practical claws) or go back to pwning trees?

Sindain, what do you want your cat to be named and custom-professioned?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2010, 04:07:19 pm »

Well, let him cut wood for a while, but get him into sparring before season change.

You know, so he can get at least basic wrestler/weapon skills.
SigFlags!

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2010, 10:47:33 pm »

Just name him after me... if you ever get around to making weapons while hes still alive give him a knife, but i don't care about the profession name.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2010, 10:55:44 pm »

"Cannon Fodder" it is :P

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2010, 05:36:33 pm »

You know, I was concerned about Natalie being killed quickly. Then I realized a cat with artifact armor and legendary blowdart is probably not going to be killed the quickest. That and what reliable markscat is going to get within killing distance of anything melee?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2010, 02:28:50 pm »

So what is this abandoned? D:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]