Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2010 Prediction Maker (Ranking system to compete with friends)  (Read 29405 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I think San Marino has this one in the bag.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

In an epic retelling of WWII, Germany trounces France, then almost beats Russia only to get ass-kicked. In the meantime, the US gets off to a slow start against Japan  (after Japan kills China) and UK I guess gets Italy. I would say the US wins it if it wasn't a ridiculous statement.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia

ugh... Why do you guys keep mentioning teams that don't even play the world cup?

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

jcoup

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Great work AlexHans. I've been looking for exactly this to run with some colleagues at work. Just tried to set it up though using Office 7 and found that the database cells are password protected, so it would be difficult to enter in other competitor info.

Also, the default has all Teams having 3pt, which i cannot alter.

Could this be caused by the later version of Excel.

By the way, was there a link to the latest beta version ?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go Go North Korea!
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great work AlexHans. I've been looking for exactly this to run with some colleagues at work. Just tried to set it up though using Office 7 and found that the database cells are password protected, so it would be difficult to enter in other competitor info.
What info do you mean?  Besides the name.
Predictions must be entered in the database below each player and results must be entered in each stage sheet (group, 2nd).
Also, the default has all Teams having 3pt, which i cannot alter.
Ok, It just didn't take blank spaces into account.  Treated them as zeros.  I'll change it.

The last version is actually the one on the OP.

I'll make the changes and upload it later.

Thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:32:18 pm by Alexhans »

jc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

:)

Hi Alexans,

Thanks for this.  I think Ulric may have pointed this out to you already, but the semi final from W10 in to M17 does not work.  This was on version 1.2 although when you try to download it does say is is version 1.35, it is actually 1.2.

Can you make the change Please.

Cheers

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's the new link (Also in the op)

[old version removed]

There was nothing wrong with the semifinals as far as I can tell.  I clarified the penalty cells so that there would be no confusion.

jcoup's request is done.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:15:13 am by Alexhans »

jc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

:)

Hi Alexans,

Thanks for this.  I think Ulric may have pointed this out to you already, but the semi final from W10 in to M17 does not work.  This was on version 1.2 although when you try to download it does say is is version 1.35, it is actually 1.2.

Can you make the change Please.

Cheers

The team in W10 always goes through to the semi final no matter what the score is in V8 and V10 on the stage 2 worksheet.

Cheers

C

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn it... I had solved that...

Thanks.  Fixed now.

Link:  http://www.4shared.com/document/vECIlZNU/World_Cup_Prediction_Maker_201.html

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile

DeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschlandDeutschland
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AFAIK, all rosters have been defined.  Argentina has a nice group of forwards. 

Fun fact:  Between all versions... The sheet has exceeded 2000 downloads.  Last version is being downloaded at a rate of 50 per day... (how many bots? :P)

Anyway... thanks for the feedback. 

Any changes you consider necessary... Just email me.

coney island

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Below is the link to download a similar version that I have created, you can click on the country badge to see the team photo and their qualifying results and click on the venue to see a photo of the stadium.

link https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0ZaE45EyvoVNjY2MjEzOTktMDBhNC00Yzc3LThkOGQtN2JhYzcwNzdhNWM0&hl=en_GB

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't see google docs from work but isn't almost 10 mb a bit big?  Why don't you try compressing images? Or at least using smaller ones to fit your real needs?

btw... One idea I've been having is to set up a webpage so people can enter predictions on a real database and calculate from there (with a much higher limit of players) but a) I have to see if I have enough time.  B) I'm not quite sure what would the best tool be.  I haven't made myself time to learn things like PHP or MySQL.  So far, I've only used JS (from the non markup languages)...

zizou

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi,
I've also created a world cup prediction doc, available at http://www.oneleague.net. Its an online Google spreadsheet. You can make a copy of it, change it as you want and share it with friends. Allow them to update it if you like (so that you have less administration to do). No need to email copies of excel spreadsheets, this spreadsheet is online and can be edited by many users simultaneously and every edit is recorded. Easy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6