Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You know the new version has bugs when...  (Read 3472 times)

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You know the new version has bugs when...
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by StormDragoness:
<STRONG>Platinum and gold serrated disks? .. nothing is too good for your enemy, is it? :P
</STRONG>

"Let's see the thieving little buggers try and steal THIS!"   :D

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 01:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by StormDragoness:
<STRONG>Platinum and gold serrated disks? .. nothing is too good for your enemy, is it? :P
</STRONG>

Now that I think of it, do installed trap components improve the quality of a room? Forget about statues, my dining hall is going to be decorated with platinum circular saws!

(They shall menace with spikes of platinum, oh yes they shall.)

ravensword227

• Bay Watcher
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>
Well it certainly seems it ought to work as well or better than wooden trap components. Only thing is, if you make a spiked ball out of green glass, is it going to shatter the first time you use it, doing a ton of broken-glass damage to whatever it hits but completely ruining the trap for any further use?</STRONG>

In the *old version* (pre 32a) of the game glass did 50% of the weapon's base damage (same as wood), but that might have changed.  Stands to reason, since Obsidian did 133% (same as Steel) and Obsidian is just the same thing as glass.  Weapon strength, I believe, is still waiting to be added - Obsidian will not be as strong as Steel though damage will still be similar.
Dumed Zustashlorbam, Fisherdwarf cancels Fish: Interrupted by Skeletal hammerhead shark.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ravensword227:
<STRONG>
In the *old version* (pre 32a) of the game glass did 50% of the weapon's base damage (same as wood), but that might have changed.  Stands to reason, since Obsidian did 133% (same as Steel) and Obsidian is just the same thing as glass.  Weapon strength, I believe, is still waiting to be added - Obsidian will not be as strong as Steel though damage will still be similar.</STRONG>

Obsidian is not the same thing as artificially-produced glass. Obsidian can hold a MUCH sharper edge than glass, and is a bit stronger too. That said, green glass shards stuck in a baseball bat would still hurt like a sumbich, but I don't think they'd cleave through armor quite the same way obsidian would.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 03:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DrMorbly:
<STRONG>You know the new version has bugs when your carpenter tries to remove a floor construction while standing on it which covers a magma river.</STRONG>

That's not a bug, that's just dwarves being dwarves...    :D

I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Sparksol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 05:12:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by elipsis:
<STRONG>Making glass trap components asked me for 'glass bars' I was trying to make spiked balls though.</STRONG>

I also got the "needs 2 green glass bars" thing. Maybe there's some trick to selecting it I'm not getting...I can make them from any metal I have around, but not glass.

Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way.

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 04:40:00 am »

You know the new version is bugged when after the Dwarven caravan you just dropped two levels and completely submerged under water water isn't drowning, but dying of thirst.

[ November 09, 2007: Message edited by: Markham ]

Klokjammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »

You know the new version is bugged, when the dwarves drop what they are doing and run far away when there are monsters below a 500ft cliff who may or may not know of the dwarves' presence and have no way to get up to them anyway.

Not only that, the dwarves will try to pickup the dropped tasks but will then drop and runaway again.  And they will continue this routine for years to come because their fragile little minds can't comprehend the concept of safety - they can't tell if something is safe or not.

Code: [Select]
g  <-  This is a goat
g  <-  This is a goblin mason
g  <-  This is a gremlin covered in white paint

Does everyone understand the difference now?

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 01:39:00 am »

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 04:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Chariot:
<STRONG> </STRONG>

INSTA WIN

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 07:12:00 am »

I agree.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.
Pages: 1 [2]