Early
- 2 (22.2%)
Mid
- 5 (55.6%)
Late
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 3--New PBEM Game (Running)  (Read 38931 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3--New PBEM Game (Running)
« Reply #315 on: April 02, 2010, 11:48:36 am »

Ok, so here's another question.  Is there a quick and easy way to see which troops each province is able to recruit?  I could've swore I had two non-fortress provinces able to create a certain commander but maybe I just imagined it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:45 am »

Nah, you have to check each one manually. Unless I've missed some feature.
And it's worth to check. Sometimes you can get quite good troops out of them.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2010, 12:11:35 pm »

The banners of T'ien Ch'i fluttered in the eastern wind.  Pan-gu stood out front of his battle hardened corp, looking across at his adversaries, his many commendations glittering in the dim light of a dreary sunset.  What arrogance, what foolishness, he thought.  A rag tag band of Ulmish troops stood before his mighty army, there to die empty, meaningless deaths, all so Ulm could continue its hedonistic reproach of all that is sacred and wholesome in the world.  Their fascination with materialism would be the undoing of man.  It was time, time to spread The Way, from sea to sea.  Pan-gu knew Ulm was already locked in war with Pangea, a nation of inhuman beasts.  But even these beasts maintained a level of dignity greater than Ulm could ever aspire to.  He felt as though the seering flames of Ulm's furnaces scorched his skin from where he stood, despite the cool sea breeze.  Smoke billowed on the horizon.  This all must be cleansed, purified, in the name of the emperor and Maitreya, he resolved.  And it will be.  The wars with Caelum and C'Tis were mere tests compared to what awaits my men.  But I am prepared to give my life for the emperor, as are they.  And with that, Pan-gu adorned his brilliant golden helmet with 22 feathers, one for each life he personally snuffed out.  Each one had significance, each one had meaning, it brought him one step closer to the manifestation of the emperor's will.  He mounted his steed and sounded the charge.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:44 pm »

Captain Planet watched from his forest citadel as his lands were being overrun by crazied industrialists. He could hear his halfmen armies cry desperate pleas for salvation, as they burned to cinders or got machinegunned. He could sense armoured hosts converging on his fortress, unstoppable and merciless. A thought, clear as freshly thawed water appeared in his ancient mind:
"Well, fuck."

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2010, 09:18:48 pm »

Has slMagnvox been sending in his turns?  I noticed he's been the last to need to send in his turn recently.  I have struck such fear in his heart that he literally died in real life.

Pan-gu walked past the tents, toward the assembly of generals and mages.  A courier announced his arrival.  "Pan-gu, prophet of T'ien Ch'i, Subduer of Caelum and Destroyer of Ulm has arrived."  The generals all bowed low.

His ebony plate mail clinked as he approached Bodhidharm, general of the left.  This is the prince that would likely replace him as supreme commander, when the heavens willed it.

"What news from the other front?" Pan-gu casually inquired.

"The invasion goes as planned.  However, we have faced a setback against a Caelum force.  Many men lost their lives.  It will be taken care of.  Ulm continues to hide, afraid to face their celestial judgment.  It is only a matter of time before they are forced to deal with us."

"Good.  I hope the men that lost their lives did not do so in vain.  We both know there is no retreat, no compromise.  Time is of the essence."

"My lord, rumors have spread that the Ulmish mages are powerful and terrible.  Some Pangean villages have been known to use stories of these men to instill fear in their children.  It is said they are hideously disfigured with no mercy for even their own people." quipped Liu Bei, head of the imperial alchemists.

Pan-gu sighed.  "I have heard the same.  Do not fret.  These are mere men, like ourselves.  Have you seen them in action?  Are you to tremble in fear from the words of others?  We will not second guess our efforts.  If the stars have fated for us to lose this conflict, so be it.  But it is not yet set in stone.  Believe me, my brothers, we will hang their heads from the capital of Urrda Plain before the next appearance of the emperor."

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 09, 2010, 10:46:56 am »

Is there any way of getting this game for a sane price? I either import it from hell knows where and get a bunch of stuff that I don't need resulting in a ridiculously overpriced package or I take their very very unreliable looking digital download, which they for some stupid reason charge exactly the same for.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2010, 02:09:27 pm »

Not that I know of.  I got the digital download, I definitely don't regret it.  Sure, I'd have liked a hard copy, and at a more reasonable price, but the game is a lot of fun.  In fact, one of the most fun games I've played.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:11:57 pm by Kebooo »

13lackGu4rd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 16, 2010, 08:45:41 pm »

congratulations Belac, you finally got me  8)
took ya long enough, but I'm finally dead... good game ya'll and cya around

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2010, 11:35:29 pm »

Thanks for keeping up the fight to the last man(fish).
It seems that I'll be following your foot(fin)steps and fight guerilla war on land, for as long as I'll manage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2010, 04:30:58 pm »

You know guys, we'd all be done for by now if only slMagnavox hadn't stalled half of his turns.
It's hard to enjoy the game as it is.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2010, 04:56:16 pm »

Yea, I was expecting a completely devastating counter attack last turn, and it didn't come.  Where did he go?

Belac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 27, 2010, 10:15:58 am »

Should we look for another replacement?  I've been trying to hit him where he's weak and leave his main armies for TC (sorry, Kebooo), and I guess I thought I was just succeeding.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2010, 04:38:50 pm »

I knew your dirty little mermen were holding back as my brave, honorable, wholesome men get slaughtered.

I'd say we need to start considering a replacement.  I don't want to conquer someone that isn't fighting back.

Belac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:41 am »

Well, he got a turn in.

In a hidden dale along the windswept coast, Mashdagu addressed the envoys from Tien Ch'i, Ulm, and Pangaea.  He had carefully positioned himself so the rising sun was at his back, sending blinding light into the faces of the envoys and enhancing his divine aura.   "I am the conqueror of Atlantis," his two heads spoke in unison, the whispering roar echoing through the hollow, "and even now my soldiers storm the gates of Ulmish forts to the north and south, facing no resistance."  He carefully extended his sinewy body, favoring the side where an Atlantean coral spear had left a still-open wound, and moved one great head into the face of the man from Ulm.  "And when the foul Atlanteans and their giant octopus attacked me, your contrymen stabbed me in the back and took my lands.  No, there will be no mercy for Ulm, Ulm the treacherous scavenger.  You will be treated as sharks treat the fish who poach on their kills!"  And the mighty jaws opened, and the envoy from Ulm was swallowed whole.  The other head spoke, gesturing to the Ulmish envoy's stunned bodyguards.  "Go now and tell your Red Sonja, if she can be found, to throw herself on the mercy of Tien Ch'i or the halfmen, for the same fate awaits her if I catch her.  And I am very slow of digestion."  The head that had eaten the Ulmishman gave a great, foul belch, and spoke to the satyr and robed Master of the Way.  "Let your Gods and Prophets hear what took place in this canyon, and be warned."  Then the Wyrm turned and slid away into a crevice in the canyon, from which was heard the distant roaring of the sea.

We can consider a replacement, but it's really quite an unenviable position.  Do you think we could find someone?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 28, 2010, 10:31:52 am »

I'd like to hear from slMagnavox first, as he obviously does his turns, albeit with some irregularity. Does HE want to continue playing? Does he need longer hosting period, maybe? Or does he think he had to handicap himself as such to make the game interesting? etc.

A world-weary and dirty-looking harpy perched on the rock by Captain Planet's groove.
"Tell me of the Wyrm" he whispered.
"Da snake be ugly and arrogant. It say ulm is weak. It stupid. We fight ulm all the time, ulm no time no forces to spare for the fishies. Snake hurt me feelings bad. His armies silly and wimpy. It be laughing no more if he meet the real ulm army. It also a cripple, hehe."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27