Early
- 2 (22.2%)
Mid
- 5 (55.6%)
Late
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 3--New PBEM Game (Running)  (Read 38513 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3--New PBEM Game (Running)
« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2010, 10:58:16 am »

Maybe he's just letting himself get to the brink, to come back and still win, just to crush our spirits.

The master's gold embroidered robes shifted uncomfortably about his figure.  He had always managed to maintain composure, even in front of the emperor or the crashing charge of Caelum mammoths.  Mashdagu instilled a healthy fear.  The sounds of digestion were sickening.  As Mashdagu slithered away, the master managed to speak up, knowing the wyrm's great ears could still hear him:

"My dear Mashdagu, I must, um, we-we don't believe you have yet experienced Ulm's...*ahem*, their true power.  You are no doubt a very powerful being, um, but you should be thanking Pangea and T'ien Chi' for doing your dirty work.  You should be careful of what you wish for."

With that, the Master of The Way ran.

Belac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 28, 2010, 11:02:08 am »

Alright, I sent SLMagnavox a PM.  I'll try and delay the turn until he gets his turn in.

Also, I hope the manner of my Wyrm is not too offensive.  He is quite arrogant (as befits a former World Serpent and ruler of such a fractious folk as the Starspawn), but I know you two have been doing the bulk of the fighting.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:34 am »

My manner of work has been: take all Ulm's lightly defended land, conquer one fortress, throw masses of troops on his armies until they finally wear down, then get stopped in a stalemate as other large forces look back at me and I'm too afraid to attack them.  Il Palazzo has absorbed the brunt of Ulm, as Ulm has yet to attack one of my provinces in response.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:07 am »

Captain Planet's grand strategy:
Forge an endless cauldron of broth, hire a hundred of cheap construction workers(harpies), lock myself up in a fortress and start partying while the world crumbles.
Works perfect so far.

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2010, 12:51:55 pm »

Captain Planet's grand strategy:
Forge an endless cauldron of broth, hire a hundred of cheap construction workers(harpies), lock myself up in a fortress and start partying while the world crumbles.
Works perfect so far.

This.  Damnit Il P.  You'd laugh if you saw how much manpower I've invested on the bloody walls of Foobar Kiff or whatever the hell.

Sorry I've been off the deep end so long, I've hardly even logged on the forums.  Things around here [offline things that is!] ain't exactly as quiet as when we started last year, hah.  Also a lot of my gametime has been unceremoniously sacrificed to DF2010.  I've almost got the hang of the military!

Who let this guy in to play TC!  Bugger learns fast!  And that resource producing Global is so awesome for T'ien Ch'i.

I'll try harder guys!  But don't expect a miracle, Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:55:03 pm by slMagnvox »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 28, 2010, 01:06:38 pm »

Just remember, wyrms and centaurs are a bigger threat to mankind than an emperor.  My people would allow your Ulmish men and women to live in peace.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 28, 2010, 01:45:05 pm »

Changing sides already, Kebooo?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:44 pm »

Just telling him to surrender his lands to me without any resistance and throw his troops at the wyrms and centaurs instead of me, because I won't eat him or force environmentalism on him.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 28, 2010, 01:59:41 pm »

Kill the centaurs! And the harpies! and... whatever else Captain Planet's using to take all of my territory.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 28, 2010, 02:04:36 pm »

Shuddup! You and your bloody ice age furry stompers.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 28, 2010, 03:24:59 pm »

Drat, my secret plan for Caelum to slowly take over Pangea while Ulm helps destroy Pangea and I destroy Ulm and R'lyeh stagnates and decides to stop expanding/recruiting units and enjoy the ocean is failing.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 30, 2010, 11:23:32 am »

Ok, question about something that just happened.  I had a province attacked by "independents", an army of 113 Manikins and Mandragoras.  I have no clue if this is a spell a player casts, or just some divine intervention because I cast the eyes of god, or what, but I'm scared.  SAVE ME

Although...

Maitreya, the Lord of Plenty, leaned back and smiled.  He was in his quarters, alone.  "I see you."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 30, 2010, 12:08:29 pm »

It's just one of the random events, most likely.

ed: you pervert

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2010, 12:32:58 pm »

Sucks to lose a huge chunk of red guards to something as unlucky as a random event.  ULM I BLAME YOU, I'LL MAKE YOU PAY

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2010, 12:43:03 pm »

Hey, if I ruled the world everyone would be lucky all the time! I blame Pangaea. Always.

;)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27