Early
- 2 (22.2%)
Mid
- 5 (55.6%)
Late
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Dominions 3--New PBEM Game (Running)  (Read 38497 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3--New PBEM Game (Running)
« Reply #390 on: June 19, 2010, 12:38:54 pm »

Based on the previous B12 Dominions game, that would cause Caelum to ultimately win.  I'd love to see the chicken-men win!
Haha I was debating taking over Ryleh even though I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. It might be kind of funny to see what happens to Tien Chi if Caelum's set to AI. If EuchreJack wanted to play Ryleh then definitely go for it. I kind of stopped actually thinking about this game a while ago  :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 19, 2010, 03:38:19 pm »

I would be interested in joining a new game if this one folds.  Putting it out there before I forget.  Not that I want this game to fold, of course.
Shoes...

Pathos

« Reply #392 on: June 19, 2010, 03:56:08 pm »

Damn it, stop pushing this thread up above my Elemental one.

Wait.. I just did it, too! NOOOOOO!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 19, 2010, 05:29:04 pm »

Based on the previous B12 Dominions game, that would cause Caelum to ultimately win.  I'd love to see the chicken-men win!
Haha I was debating taking over Ryleh even though I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. It might be kind of funny to see what happens to Tien Chi if Caelum's set to AI. If EuchreJack wanted to play Ryleh then definitely go for it. I kind of stopped actually thinking about this game a while ago  :-\

It has been six months since I played this game.  So, I might take Caelum if Bluerobin427 takes over Ryleh.  From the last time I checked, isn't Ryleh like super-strong?

As to the AI, the question becomes, how does the AI cheat?

They've got just one province left. Some 40 odd income etc. The only reason why Tien Chi hasn't gotten rid of them is probably because their emperor want's an endangered species reserve in his empire.

Anyway, EuchreJack - you take over Ryleh! You play now!

Why not have Tien Chi wipe out Caelum and make the discussion of it going AI moot?  Then, Bluerobin427 can take over Ryleh, and I can avoid the temptation to relearn this game.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 19, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »

Well, I was leaving wiping out Caelum up to BlueRobin.  I was going to let him stick around in the hopes I could win and he'd finish second, for some sort of moral victory.  If the game resumes, and he doesn't want to send in turns anymore, I can just get it over with.  Basically any form of aggression from Caelum will result in immediate destruction of their empire, so I wouldn't get your hopes up with taking them over.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2010, 03:40:41 am »

Could the real admin please kill this game, kill this game?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2010, 05:04:12 pm »

I suppose we may as well declare it dead.  It's been about a month since we last actually played a turn.  I don't even remember what my exact plans were anymore.  Send big sea trolls into the sea with lots of mermen, I think.  I'd be up for starting a new game, though.  As much as I wanted to see what my plans led to in this game, I still felt like I inherited an enviable position, so it never really felt as if it was my own empire.  A fresh game would at least allow me to control my fate from the start.

One problem though - how do we ensure a new game doesn't just have the same fate?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2010, 05:06:33 pm »

You can't really ensure that it won't happen, although keeping flakes out of the game helps.

I'd be up for a game.
Shoes...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2010, 05:10:10 pm »

Yeah, me too, I guess.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 26, 2010, 01:08:06 pm »

Should we start a new topic for it, then?  Late age?  Who wants to be the admin?  If we're going with late age, I'd like to try Ermor, Pythium, Ulm or Pangea.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2010, 01:28:57 pm »

Late Age could be cool.

I'd probably go with Ermor, R'lyeh, or...  Uh...  I dunno.  I'll figure it out.  I guess I could start the topic, I hosted the first Dom 3 PBEM.  I'll need to reinstall it though.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2010, 04:37:45 pm »

LA Ermor and R'lyeh are intensely powerful though.  They're frequently banned from LA matches due to their ability to utterly annihilate anything and everything else.  Ermor especially.

Not that that's a problem, mind you...  With enough players you could have some reeaal fun times going on with alliances forming up to tackle the greater of two evils.  And, c'mon...  Cthulhu playing Dreamlands R'lyeh?  It must be so.

It is, of course, entirely up to the people actually playing the game.  I'm just butting in for no good reason.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 26, 2010, 04:55:21 pm »

Are they really, though?  I was just reading about LA Ermor on the Dominions 3 forums and it seemed like there was a consensus they were overpowered in Dom 2 but not anymore.  I don't want to play a faction considered strictly overpowered.  If I couldn't play as Ermor (or if I was just going to be the target of everyone by default for playing them), I'd like Pythium, but Il Palazzo wants Pythium, leaving me with filthy Ulm or Pangea :(

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 26, 2010, 05:07:16 pm »

Il Palazzo can hand over Pythium. He is flexible. At least his lady friend says so. (hohoho, Il P. funny)

Somebody post a link to the new thread, so that no one misses it.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:34 am »

I would like to get in on this if another game gets started!

I must warn you I'm pretty noobish, though.  I just recently bought this game, and pretty much am terrible at it.  I've been wanting to try multiplayer, but it seems to be hard to find a game.  All the ones I've seen made on the Shrapnel official forums either fill up before I notice them, or they are not noob friendly.

Joining random games on Llamaserver seems to get you quickly booted as well.  >:D
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]