Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Gourds: Would this work?

(1/3) > >>

Kinoko_Otoko:
I was thinking of making a super-fruit that produces every possible plant product, since threads, grains, extracts and leaves don't seem to be mutually exclusive (you know, to go along with one's serene-surroundings easymode game).

Obviously any super-fruit has to be a melon, because melons are just the best fruit ever. So I was thinking it should leave a gourd-like rind that could be dried and crafted with.

I was wondering, would adding the [HASSHELL] tag to a plant cause it to leave a shell upon processing? I know it's a longshot, but that would be badass...

anomaly:
*envisions watermelon rhine armor with menacing spikes of watermelon seeds*

NRN_R_Sumo1:
theres only one way to find out.
post your findings here afterwards, I am a little bit intrigued, but I might suggest a better plant that a melon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)http://vastate.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/coconut_oil-407x407.jpg
threads, extract, brew, leaves taken from the trees they grow on, hell you could get wood out of this as well if possible.. the only thing you might not get is grains, but you just take "baby coconuts" or something out I suppose as the trees are grown from full ones. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_grow_a_coconut_tree

Kinoko_Otoko:
That occurred to me, but I like melons better. Melons are inherently a luxury fruit in certain parts of the world simply because of the sheer area required to farm them (especially japan, home of the cube watermelon).

I suppose it could be a cocomelon... Hairy and hard on the outside, juicy and melony on the inside.

I don't have the faintest idea how to get wood out of it though, aside from using the smelter, and I'm not going to do that... kind of destroys the believability. I'm also thinking that grain (or dye) might be mutually exclusive with other products, since it requires milling at a separate workshop (a quern or millstone).

I'll try using the tag, but it might be a bit; I'm going to try implementing several mods and I need to work out the raw data for all of them first.

GenericOverusedName:
I'm not going to pretend to have any clue as to how you could do this, but couldn't you have the plant have multiple... uhh... actions? Not sure of the term. Like how sweet pods can be milled into sugar or just processed into syrup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version