Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85199 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.01 Download - It's Better Than Last Release (and not broken)
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 06:03:29 pm »

This has all the 4.00.5a changes, yes. The difference between this version and that one is all those things in the asterisks in the original post.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 06:20:39 pm »

If I may make a recommendation, make damage dealt by/accuracy with Martial Arts increase by logarithmic growth per level, such that training in it has a pay off once it reaches sufficiently high, Bruce Lee levels, but most incremental steps up toward the top are small and offer little benefit.
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 07:40:43 pm »

It's a good concept, but the game might already model that well enough so far. It already has a curved growth, since the increase in accuracy, damage, and number of attacks all have a multiplicative effect on one another. If you hit twice as often, do twice as much damage, and attack twice as frequently, you do eight times as much damage. I'd be hesitant to make it even more steep; if you make it too unrewarding at low levels, your characters won't survive long enough to make it to the top.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 08:43:18 pm »

Yeah, you're right. But still, I'm thinking of something more generalized. Special effects if you manage to get a particular skill up to level twenty or something like that. Maybe just for your leader, as you'd be able to game the system too much if just anyone could get the special effects. Things that open up specialized combat actions or activities.

For writing, perhaps the ability to publish your manifesto at 20, hold a public rally at twenty persuasion, pose for playboy at 20 seduction for much higher money returns that prostitution, targeted hacking at 20 computer. That sort of thing.
!!&!!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 09:00:56 pm »

Okay, still, whats the older better system?

and these look like fun changes.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »

Oh, the older better system is that you can kill as many Conservatives as you like without provoking negative news coverage, but if you shoot a non-Conservative or bash/steal/break things in the presence of said non-Conservatives the news will report it as a rampage.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 09:37:42 pm »

I found a crash bug. I was selling T-shirts, and was accosted by two Police Gang Units. Killed them with my bare hands; got the Police Killed headline in the paper. Immediately crashed after that.
!!&!!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 10:26:36 pm »

I got another crash bug.

This occurred when I had my main character going to the business district to sell loot, and a secondary one going to the industrial district(to train disguise). My main would go to the pawn shop and sell everything, then the game would crash. This happened three times in a row. I then reloaded and removed the go to industrial factory from my second guy, and the game didn't crash.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Kent Able

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:22 am »

I've gone through about 5 kidnapees so far and none of them gain any heart after Enlightenment. Using tried and true methods I can usually get a few of them to at least moderate Heart in the previous version but now no one comes out with higher than 1-2 heart?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 12:19:51 am »

That's because of two things:
1. You can no longer increase heart during interrogation.
2. Conservatives have lower heart on average than before.

Kent Able

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 12:41:19 am »

There goes my massive high heart legions. :-\ On the other hand, it turns the interrogations into a race to beat down their wisdom since heart is usually rock bottom now anyway. Let's see what alternative strategies crop up.  :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »

Nice carbomb, jackasses.

Oh, and one of mine just got sentenced to DEATH for prostitution.

Hmm... also, I accidentally shot and killed a moderate, but didn't get an alienation.  Well, it's not a crime if noone sees it, right ;)?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:42:02 pm by Leafsnail »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2009, 01:12:28 pm »

Oh, yeah, I think you can get away with it if they die instantly and no other moderate/liberals witness it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »

Wow, things are a lot more brutal in this version:
I can kill off my own members. (Before, they had to die by the hands of the Conservative Dogs)
I can get away with murdering liberals in public.
There is no way to give Conservative Automation future members (interogatees) heart, and they start with little heart.  So, there is abolutely no reason not to beat the conservatism out of them.
There is now a secret GUN, which encourages the player to kill more.

Actually, this really doesn't make me any more violent....
Besides, I'll most likely lose the Deagle by total squad death on its first test run.

Questions:
If the proposed change of founders being tougher is implemented, will it affect founderII (aka the guy who takes over when the founder dies)?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 02:46:20 pm »

What's the point of killing liberals? Just to remove any witnesses that could alienate the site?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34