Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85558 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01.4 Download - It's The Latest Release
« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2010, 02:45:17 pm »

Yep, July 12th was last log-in.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2010, 08:29:41 am »

It is just a Conservative with a high disguise skill posing as him!he must have broken under the pressure and ratted Bay12 out!

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:04 pm »

So when is a new update going to happen?
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 01, 2010, 07:20:13 pm »

I'm running into some repeated trouble. every time I try to enter a crackhouse the game freezes up on me. I'm running it on vista if that's any help
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 01, 2010, 07:26:02 pm »

Re download it and see if it still has the same problem, if so then it's probably your OS because the one I am using is fine.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:10 pm »

I would also try deleting your save (or just playing without visiting a crackhouse until you lose/win); it's possible that some kind of problem is having in level generation that is specific to your saved game.

Edit: Re: New update. I'm not presently working on the game, so I can't say.

Bjiip

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Worldsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 04, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »

To all who've worked on the game: I'm really enjoying it!  Thanks for your work.  I've got some suggestions/requests for changes to the game, in order of most to least important:

I've got a reproducible bug: if I release the last member of a squad, and then start tabbing through squads, my game crashes.

And a more elusive bug: I rarely seem to be able to send out more than one squad a day.  After the first one exits its location, the game usually crashes.

And a design recommendation: I'd modify the policy on profit from pawning clothes somewhat.  Right now, the pawn shop price is capped at 50 above the production price.  I think this has a few bad effects:
-It removes the choice of which clothes to make for money: there's no risk/reward tradeoff, so there's no reason to produce past Cheap Suits.
-It removes most incentive to try to get your tailors past a certain level- which usually means there's no reason to juice them past 50, which means you never have any reason to otherwise develop them by taking them on riskier, juicier missions.
-It removes a sense of progress when you get high-level tailors.
For these reasons, I'd suggest a compromise: for clothing with a cost of more than 50, have the profit per unit scale with the square root of the cost.  So an item twice as expensive to make would make sqrt(2) as much profit (about $70 for a $100 item), an item four times as expensive would make double the profit ($100 for a $200) item, etc.  Of course, in actual practice, that'd mean a sale price of $115 for $60 items, or $425 for $300 items.  That rewards risk with slightly higher reward, without being too powerful.

Finally, I have two interface requests: When prompted for a nickname for a recruited, dated, or captured person, could you have it display their name, age, and some statistics?  As it is now, I usually defer naming them until I can get into the r-screen.  And when you're in the r-screen (R-1-A), could you have an option to strip them?  That way I don't have to put them into a squad if I want their clothes for someone else.

Thanks again!

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 21, 2010, 11:31:22 am »

Made donations dependent on the public's interest in the LCS, so inactivity will result in diminishing returns even if you're popular.

The option to ask for donations doesn't show up, but I haven't made the LCS public yet. Is my save bugged or do I have to go all SLA first in order to get donations?

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 22, 2010, 12:38:13 am »

Made donations dependent on the public's interest in the LCS, so inactivity will result in diminishing returns even if you're popular.

The option to ask for donations doesn't show up, but I haven't made the LCS public yet. Is my save bugged or do I have to go all SLA first in order to get donations?
Go to the activities page (same place you get people to make clothes, write to newspapers, sell brownies, etc.), press B - Legal Fundraising, and then press 1 - Solicit Donations. It's available from the start of the game.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 04, 2010, 09:39:43 pm »

Hmm... What is the most efficient way to make the populace more liberal without violence? All my previous games I've done raids at one point or another, but I would like to try to win a game without ever firing a single shot - assuming that is even possible...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 04, 2010, 10:30:47 pm »

Hmm... What is the most efficient way to make the populace more liberal without violence? All my previous games I've done raids at one point or another, but I would like to try to win a game without ever firing a single shot - assuming that is even possible...
Recruit people, write for the liberal guardian. If you want to have fun, you can always sneak to the AM radio/cable TV stations and go on air. You can do other things as well, but there's a good chance you'll be raided at some point, which will make pacifism potentially suicidal. If you need money, train somebody up in security, sneak and disguise, make them a police uniform, and have them raid the downtown apartments and sell all the stolen goods. If you don't kill people, don't publish secret documents, and don't play in nightmare mode, you'll probably never be raided. If you do burst onto the scene however (by going on any raid where people get alerted) you may be attacked by the CCS. You might get attacked anyway; I don't know.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 04, 2010, 11:53:50 pm »

Well, you can only get raided if you offend a faction, so just don't publish their secrets (or attack the AM Radio/Cable News). Even if you get attacked, all you have to do is run out of the building quickly and you'll get out with minimum casualities (altough you'll have to deal with the police later.

The CCS are going to activate when society gets liberal enough, so you have to deal with them eventually...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:59 pm »

So if I sneak into the cable news, give a good broadcast and get out before running into any conservatives, would the police still raid me later in the game?

The CCS are going to activate when society gets liberal enough, so you have to deal with them eventually...

Won't they just alienate everyone because they are so violent?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

The Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 09, 2010, 10:58:20 am »

Violence only alienates people if you do it in front of people who already support you. Otherwise it makes everyone pay more attention to what you're saying; the same is true of the CCS. Because they only kill Liberal people, it makes people respect them more.
LCS Graphical Remake:

https://the-cheshire-cat.itch.io/lcs
Current progress: ~100%

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 09, 2010, 11:07:29 am »

Except that the CCS tends to go on rampages rather frequently; usually every one out of four or five raids turn out to be rampages, and they fail a lot too.

In any case, it's rather amusing that the CCS; who are vigilante for conservative justice get slaughtered by the exact conservative government they want to protect.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34