Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85484 times)

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01.4 Download - It's The Latest Release
« Reply #420 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »

The "vigilante Conservative justice" thing is a sham. The CCS is actually a conspiracy, secret to all but its highest members, attempting to show the value and effectiveness of keeping DETH Squads around.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2010, 04:13:37 pm »

lol; so the CCS is just cannon fodder to send to their deaths? That's kind of sad, really.

Then again, it does makes sense why the CCS is full of the lowest dregs of society.

In any case, I have a question- do sieges actually work? I have never managed to be sieged until now; even after I had fortified my compound.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 18, 2010, 10:31:02 am »

The CCS are going to activate when society gets liberal enough, so you have to deal with them eventually...

Based on my experiences, nope. They will activate, but they haven't raided my zero-heat safehouses ever. Because CCS is best at shooting its own agenda in the leg, you won't have to deal with them if you go pacifist/noncriminal.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 30, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »

Except that the CCS tends to go on rampages rather frequently; usually every one out of four or five raids turn out to be rampages, and they fail a lot too.

Violence only alienates people if you do it in front of people who already support you. Otherwise it makes everyone pay more attention to what you're saying; the same is true of the CCS. Because they only kill Liberal people, it makes people respect them more.

Ugh, not another difference between gameplay and events. Someone will need to fix it so that CCS rampages chances are tied to how liberal society is...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:59 am »

It's probably just inverted, so the CCS is rampaging 80% of the time and succeeding 20% of the time, instead of the reverse. When I added CCS rampages to the news code, I used the most ridiculously unintuitive system for determining whether they were successful or not, and afterwards I couldn't figure out easily whether it was working correctly. It was a coding embarrassment.

The synopsis is that the existing code used a variable to determine whether you alienated the site or not. If you did, your actions affected the public by making the place more conservative. When the CCS attacks, they use the same code -- but their actions should have the inverse effect. So sometimes, I'm using the variable for alienation incorrectly, flagging successful attacks as alienating attacks, and alienating attacks as successful, in order for the CCS to push the effects in the right direction. But this can't be the case everywhere, or the wrong news story will show up. Because I'm not consistent in whether or not I'm using this hack or not, I'm probably using it incorrectly. I've tried to fix this in the past, but probably just made it even more confusing.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 03, 2010, 12:00:12 pm »

Yea, the CCS shoots themselves in the foot all the time.  They shouldn't even rampage when society is arch-conservative...  far less frequency and positive/negative effect when conservative....
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 04, 2010, 07:38:38 pm »

Yea, the CCS shoots themselves in the foot all the time.  They shouldn't even rampage when society is arch-conservative...  far less frequency and positive/negative effect when conservative....

At least they would be a good gameplay excuse for rampages at C+: the alienation effect. As LCS converts the USA to liberalism, there are therefore more liberals that would act as witnesses to your rampages, making it more likely that you would accidently commit a crime in front of a liberal, and thereby alienate them. The same thing could be reasoned for CCS. (Of course, the LCS could affect issues in ways other than outright violence, such as the Liberal Guardian and sleepers, and avoid sleeperdom, which suggest the CCS should be given the same capacities.)

That being said, it was a suggestion that LCS/CCS should be most effective when society is already liberal/conservative, due to people already incorporating and sympathizing with that violence. I'm against that though due to it making LCS even easier as you win, which is bad for gameplay.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2010, 04:31:09 pm »

There's a minor bug that occurs when a newspaper issue is released at the end of a month.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 09, 2010, 11:44:13 am »

There's a minor bug that occurs when a newspaper issue is released at the end of a month.

Yeah, that hat isn't really going to advance conservative agenda anywhere.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2010, 06:55:53 pm »

*cough* If I'm not mistaken, I think he/she's referring to the date... which is apparently August 32nd.

In any case, does anyone know if fortifying compounds actually work? I've had several police attacks on me but not one of them turned into a siege; they were all raids.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or something, but as long as you're causing havoc and destroying everything, the police won't attack you. Ever. When you're peaceful and quiet is when you start having a raid every month or so.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2010, 07:20:28 pm »

In any case, does anyone know if fortifying compounds actually work? I've had several police attacks on me but not one of them turned into a siege; they were all raids.
Yes, it works. Fortifying allows you to choose to wait a day and not resolve the siege/raid immideatly.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or something, but as long as you're causing havoc and destroying everything, the police won't attack you. Ever. When you're peaceful and quiet is when you start having a raid every month or so.
This is a bug where the police may plan a raid and add some time till it happens even if they already have one planned. The chance of this happening increases with the heat on the safehouse (as it is the chance of being raided). With enough heat it will become almost certain they will replan before it happens and push the raid further into the future. With over 3000% heat the raid will be replanned every day and thus put off indefinitely.

That's how I remember it anyway. It's fixed in the source.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »

-snip-

That's how I remember it anyway. It's fixed in the source.
Fixed? You're saying that a safehouse that has killed enough people and caused enough mayhem to get 3000% heat should ever be raided? I could understand the army or somebody raiding you, but the police would be crushed like a bug.

But in all seriousness, good fix.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2010, 06:04:39 am »

Well, if you do have that much heat, the national guard will come with tanks and the airforce will assist. They tend to still get crushed like bugs though.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:06 am »

*cough* If I'm not mistaken, I think he/she's referring to the date... which is apparently August 32nd.

I was being witty, you know...  :)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »

The thing with sieges is that; I've never had a siege before. Everything single attack on my warehouse turns straight into a raid, with an either engage/surrender options. No waiting a day, even if I do have plenty of rations stacked in it.

And yeah, it's rather hilarious that even tanks fall rather easily against liberal justice. And they have bombers flying overskies. Why aren't they doing anything?

I mean, if they had bothered to do artillery barrage or something on your warehouse, they might be able kill the members off *without* having to sacrifice thousands of soldiers to do it. Or at least drop a few bombs with those planes...

Speaking of which, maybe something could be added to the game where bombers will bomb your place before a raid, therefore causing large patches of random flames and all of your members taking some kind of damage,
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 34