Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85162 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01.4 Download - It's The Latest Release
« Reply #465 on: November 23, 2010, 10:54:21 pm »

Think I found a bug.  Liberal's Agility spiked from 9 to 13 after getting shot in the leg.  Awesome!

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 24, 2010, 09:32:27 am »

When somewhat wounded, but not too much, strength, agility and charisma are increased to 3/2 (+50%). I've just changed that in the source to 3/4 (-25%) as it seems more in line with the intention of the code.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2010, 02:51:06 am »

Downloaded the latest build and ran through it for a couple minutes -- I like it! I really want to be able to use arrow keys and enter to navigate menus, instead of hitting letters. :x

If we can get a partial changelog highlighting some of the major changes, maybe update the version number to 4.02, I can sticky a new post for the build and we can get it out to more people.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2010, 11:41:54 pm »

Agreed! I would love to play the new version, as it's been many months since I last checked LCS.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:41 am »

When somewhat wounded, but not too much, strength, agility and charisma are increased to 3/2 (+50%). I've just changed that in the source to 3/4 (-25%) as it seems more in line with the intention of the code.

I assume the goal of the original gaining of skill was to represent adrenaline.  It makes sense initially, but seems wierd when the liberal gets back to base.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 27, 2010, 10:30:35 am »

Adrenaline usually kicks in long before you get wounded.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 27, 2010, 05:37:15 pm »

Reading through the commit log messages back to the 4.02 alpha release (revision 418) changes appear to be:

• Vehicles, items and most shops defined in xml files.
  • Sorting of lists of people.
  • Equipment your squad carries when breaking out of besieged building is now dropped off in the homeless shelter instead of being deleted.
  • Less fiddly way to load and unload guns. (Up/down arrow keys.)
  • When equipping a squad with only one member, no longer need to specify which member you're equipping.
  • Can equip on Activate screen.
  • New activity, can take classes at university.
  • New easier victory condition added - option at start of game.
  • Can 'view' liberals on the squad composition screen.
  • Various added or changed details.
  • And bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #472 on: November 30, 2010, 04:20:34 am »

And now, as of revision 475, the following:
  • The numbers of scheduled meetings and dates for each member are now listed on their character info page
  • Window title is now set to game name and version
I also went ahead and updated the MSVC project file while I was at it.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Gimmick Account

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 30, 2010, 07:35:15 pm »

Will this new release still have the crazy doubled juice gain of the current stable version? I really liked the old, slower system better.

Also, can you make it so that a character will continue to accumulate juice for a bit after reaching Elite Liberal status? Otherwise you get into extremely annoying situations where a single successful conservative persuasion attack immediately drops your stats across the board. I think a cushion of 100 or 150 points would be enough to prevent both ideological 'invincibility' and 'glass jaw'.

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2010, 12:00:53 am »

It doesn't matter how fast or slow juice gain is as long as martial arts works to build it up. There really ought to be a cap on that, it makes gaining juice trivial (especially if you do it in the slum block/ghetto block/crack house where assault and murder aren't crimes).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2010, 04:31:05 pm »

In commemoration of WikiLeaks, anyone with a single point in computers should be able to pull documents off the net!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 01, 2010, 05:05:21 pm »

Will this new release still have the crazy doubled juice gain of the current stable version? I really liked the old, slower system better.

Also, can you make it so that a character will continue to accumulate juice for a bit after reaching Elite Liberal status? Otherwise you get into extremely annoying situations where a single successful conservative persuasion attack immediately drops your stats across the board. I think a cushion of 100 or 150 points would be enough to prevent both ideological 'invincibility' and 'glass jaw'.

I think it was changed because there were faster ways to build juice faster with less risk.

While now you get equal risk to reward.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 02, 2010, 11:52:45 am »

In my most recent 475 game I had my founder die and received several "x takes over" messages from various sleepers, afterwards the game kept trying to fast forward waiting for someone to appear, but since the only people left in my organization are sleepers that's not going to happen.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 02, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »

The game should activate one of your sleepers if they are able to lead, I've seen it happen in previous builds.

Generally, a sleeper would be qualified to lead if they have 50 juice and one point in leadership, or a certain level of leadership and no experience.

Veton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 03, 2010, 04:25:54 pm »

I just downloaded the game recently, and am enjoying it a lot :)

However, there seems to be an issue when I try to published something for the Liberal Guardian - the game crashes. I had research papers and secret documents, and it was the papers that kept making the game crash. I finally went with the documents and the game went on just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34