Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85578 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01 Download - It's Better Than Last Release (and not broken)
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2009, 03:12:57 am »

I have another idea, although this one is more for when the CCS is an equal opponent. When being chased by the CCS, it should be possible for them to catch you, with something to the effect of, "The CCS only pause to bind and gag the Liberal before throwing him in the back of the pickup truck!". There'd be a month gap where if the location of the CCS safehouse is known, you could rescue the member(who has taken hits to Heart and Intelligence while gaining Wisdom?). Miss the one-month period and a rescue will only find the Liberal's corpse(perhaps grabbable to take home for a respectful burial?) lying on the floor in a back room, starved, with country music blaring out of hidden speakers.

On a tangent, would is it currently possible for a corpse of a specific character to be found? Because when hostages die, they aren't just corpses. They still have the name attached. It'd probably be a bit harder to actually pick up the corpse, but I love flavor text, so that could be a thing even if you can't take home the corpse.

Anyways, miss the one month period, and the CCS release a 'confession' to the AM Radio station that gets major coverage(News item? Shift in opinion? How big?) of the 'crimes' committed by the Liberal Crime Squad(I'm thinking like marrying animals, using the flames of a US Flag to light joints, etc). Public perception of the LCS falls depending on how moderate/conservative the country is.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2009, 03:16:44 am »

Or even better, they brainwash your Liberal into a Closeminded Conservative to send against you.  Fair's fair.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2009, 03:19:20 am »

I found *most* of the typical fundraising methods to be almost worthless, but maybe I'm just stupid.

Yes, and that's because this is supposed to be Liberal Crime Squad, not Liberal Fundraising Club. There's no lack of money in the game, but a good flow of it requires illegal methods. That is entirely by design.

Okay, that is a good point.

On the other hand, having garment-makers weave expensive suits constantly made me sums of money that were completely ridiculous. You said you wanted to avoid methods of making money that were overpowered and require ridiculous amounts of player investment, right? :P

Really, the only thing going AGAINST selling expensive suits (aside from necessary skill, which isn't a huge deal since skill gains aren't super-slow) was the fact that it was annoying from an interface perspective, which is the kind of balance I think we're trying to avoid here. Really, there's no theoretical reason it shouldn't be just as automatic as making and selling t-shirts, and it's perfectly legal.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2009, 04:36:14 am »

Really, there's no theoretical reason it shouldn't be just as automatic as making and selling t-shirts, and it's perfectly legal.

Well... only with labor in the C-range, and possibly not even then, depending on who's doing it. You are, after all, running a sweatshop, oft as not staffed by illegal aliens.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2009, 05:37:52 am »

I've been founding the car chases in this game pretty fun since I started on my super violent campaign, but I have a suggestion - accuracy in car chases really should be improved.

As it is, you tend to get round after round of people missing and hitting cars to no effect.  Heck, even with a skilled group of AK wielders it takes quite a while to even lay a scratch on the cops (and vice versa).

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2009, 05:58:39 am »

You know, Liberal Expensive Suit Factory was the first thing I fixed when I worked on the game almost three years ago, because back in the late Toady One versions, that was a strategy I used myself, and I felt it was bad for the game. I almost immediately (initial change in 3.10, second change in 3.10a1) reverted to a softer line on it by letting you profit a *little* bit off of them (you used to make $1200 per sale, now it's $300), but if it's still good enough to grind, I'll probably just reduce the sale price on all textiles back down to their base manufacturing cost again. I don't like having my standard reaction to grindy strategies always being the nerf hammer, but... I really don't want to automate a $300 a day safe income.

Random blast from the past:

A Liberal Crime Squad story from me when I was just a player! Includes a hacker named Morpheus and his squad of agent bodyguards named Neo, Trinity, Switch, Apoc, Tank, and Dozer!

I've been founding the car chases in this game pretty fun since I started on my super violent campaign, but I have a suggestion - accuracy in car chases really should be improved.

As it is, you tend to get round after round of people missing and hitting cars to no effect.  Heck, even with a skilled group of AK wielders it takes quite a while to even lay a scratch on the cops (and vice versa).

Okay, I'll buff the accuracy in car chases a bit.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2009, 06:33:22 am »

Tailoring profits?  Make it closer to the break-even point.  Expensive Suit profits should be on par somewhere between mid-high level donations.  Probably mid at best...  since asking for donations has many many other factors to tailoring's 1 skill requirement...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2009, 06:52:54 am »

I see a couple basic options:

1. $300 profit on expensive suits, $450 if you steal fine cloth to halve production costs. This is as it is now.
2. $50 profit on expensive suits normally, $200 if you steal fine cloth to halve production costs. This would use a mandate that nothing sells at more than $50 above the base manufacturing cost.
3. $0 profit on expensive suits normally, $150 profit if you steal fine cloth to halve the production costs. This would use a system where all clothing sells at exactly the base manufacturing cost.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2009, 10:27:13 am »

Something in between 1 or 2, it is a perfectly realistic strategy after all, liberate a few workers into fanatisicm, steal the materials, you're bound to make a profit.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2009, 10:30:38 am »

3. $0 profit on expensive suits normally, $150 profit if you steal fine cloth to halve the production costs. This would use a system where all clothing sells at exactly the base manufacturing cost.

If you could only sell stuff for exactly it's manufacturing cost, the economy would be like... L+++ or C+++ or something where labor has no value.  That's exactly not economics should work.  At any rate, option (2) sounds just right, but the really the general issue here is that I doubt anyone can actually tailor a suit from whole cloth in one day.  Or maybe so, I don't anything about tailoring, and that would be a lot of needless complexity.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2009, 11:25:10 am »

Okay, I've gotten the news images screened here.

EDIT: And the newspaper headers.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:01:39 pm by LiteralKa »
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2009, 01:23:59 pm »

news images screened here

Looks like Brenden did very well for someone missing his face. That's also the first time I've ever seen heat go over 100%.

Also...

Made influencing the jury more unpredictable.

By this do we mean juries are more difficult to influence, or literally that they're more unpredictabe? I understand that jury tampering is pretty much the standard overpowered way to get juice for everyone, but if there's simply a random chance now that things will go badly regardless of stats, I don't think that adds anything to the game.

Random ~= fun.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2009, 02:11:25 pm »

Option 2 sounds good for me, re: expensive suits.

Clothing should be able to make SOME profit, just not a hell of a lot, and the profit curve should drop off at the more expensive end, especially since, at that point, people are paying for designer names anyway and not so much quality.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Shoryu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2009, 02:25:30 pm »

There was one thing that struck me as kinda buggy that I noticed in the 4.00 series that appears to have been carried over to 4.01.  Maybe this has already been discussed but the 4.00 thread is quite long and I did not want to dig through it.

I enjoy playing on Nightmare mode.  I feel that it is a great addition to the game.  Unfortunately, I've noticed that when I play a game on that level, after printing an article for the Liberal Guardian the firemen will eventually come to burn the place down.  Fair enough.

And if I'm not there, they'll come again.  And again.  And again. And again.  They keep coming every day, ad infinitum, until I either go back to that particular base and fight them off or until I send someone to surrender.  It becomes extremely tedious if all my people happen to be waiting for trial, as it gives me the message for each day that passes throughout the month.  In addition, it removes the player's access to the printing press, which is a vital tool when you're trying to shift public opinion in that situation.

At any rate, I thought that I ought to bring it to your attention.  Otherwise, these changes are absolutely great!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2009, 02:58:27 pm »

Wait, I thought firemen will only come if you print a special exclusive issue. They don't care about terrorism, just that if you leak something that isn't supposed to be leaked.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34