Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85408 times)

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01.4 Download - It's The Latest Release
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2010, 07:13:30 pm »

Oh, but I keep getting a message about "new sitemap system does not work".
If you're on linux you're going to need to convert the sitemaps file from DOS format to UNIX format.

EDIT: This save file segfaults when waiting a day. I don't have any guesses as to why right now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:12:16 am by Toksyuryel »

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 16, 2010, 06:54:45 am »

It takes some fiddling, but it works, thanks!

Also, it requires a few files from the current "official" version.  Pdcurses mainly.

And the downloader needs to make their own "art" folder, and place files within.
Yes, it is not a complete download. You should put the files in an already existing LCS installation.

Which executable works for you? Do you need any of the dlls included?

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 16, 2010, 09:53:51 am »

EDIT: This save file segfaults when waiting a day. I don't have any guesses as to why right now.

Recruits and dates seem to be somewhat broken in general at the moment. Only the creature pool is written out to the savefile properly (i.e. by exporting it as XML rather than just fwrite()ing the object directly), but recruits and dates don't go in the creature pool. I'm not sure whether it's worth it to try to change things so that recruits and dates do go in the creature pool too, or whether one should just write both of them to the savefile in a less destructive way.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 16, 2010, 11:56:18 am »

I've changed so recruit and date creatures are now written to and read from file like the pool creatures (not that they are in the pool).

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 17, 2010, 06:33:12 am »

Could anyone enlighten me what the latest version is? The first post in this thread was last edited in December 2009, yet it touts version 4.01.4 as the newest. The SourceForge page has version 3.19.4 as the latest, and according to the submission logs, things are getting changed as recently as 18 hours ago.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #455 on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:21 am »

There's this thread a bit down the page:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50640.0

I'm not sure if there is really an official version to it since it seems to be in between releases.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 17, 2010, 10:26:57 am »

I was chased on foot by a single soldier while leaving the Fireman HQ and I played guitar at him to turn him liberal.  The next day, I went to steal a sportscar and as I left, I was chased by the same liberal soldier.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:49 am »

That's not a glitch, she's just a major fan of your guitar playing!

It takes some fiddling, but it works, thanks!

Also, it requires a few files from the current "official" version.  Pdcurses mainly.

And the downloader needs to make their own "art" folder, and place files within.
Yes, it is not a complete download. You should put the files in an already existing LCS installation.

Which executable works for you? Do you need any of the dlls included?

Thanks, but I got it to work by implanting files from a different version.  The plain "crimesquad" worked for me.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #458 on: November 18, 2010, 03:47:19 pm »

Could anyone enlighten me what the latest version is? The first post in this thread was last edited in December 2009, yet it touts version 4.01.4 as the newest. The SourceForge page has version 3.19.4 as the latest, and according to the submission logs, things are getting changed as recently as 18 hours ago.

The SouceForge page is rarely updated; the SVN repository is frequently updated. This thread has the latest stable release, the thread Derekristow linked is a newer pseduo-stable release, and if you download the source code and build it yourself, you'll get the most recent source code and an even more recent version of the game.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 18, 2010, 05:13:22 pm »

The SouceForge page is rarely updated; the SVN repository is frequently updated. This thread has the latest stable release, the thread Derekristow linked is a newer pseduo-stable release, and if you download the source code and build it yourself, you'll get the most recent source code and an even more recent version of the game.

Not to be a bother, but what recommendation do you have for people who don't know how build/compile stuff?  I don't even really know what language LCS is written in.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #460 on: November 18, 2010, 10:53:06 pm »

The game is written in C++.

If people are interested, I could upload a Windows compile for the latest SVN version. It'd be compiled in VS2008 (so, .NET required), non-Unicode.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Toksyuryel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 19, 2010, 01:05:10 am »

Not to be a bother, but what recommendation do you have for people who don't know how build/compile stuff?
Learn.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #462 on: November 19, 2010, 01:07:43 am »

Could you stick a compiling guide in here/in the SVN repository?  I've heard that there are certain files you need to leave out and such in order to get this to compile, but there isn't a good guide anywhere on exactly how.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #463 on: November 19, 2010, 02:45:49 pm »

If you're using Linux, it should compile fine.

If you're using Visual C++ on Windows, here's an updated project file based on SVN revision 472:
http://www.wimbli.com/lcs_vcproj_472.zip
It's also configured in the additional options to use STL markup so that Express (free) versions can compile it. Thanks go to Carlos Gustavos for posting the needed changes.

EDIT: for that matter, I might as well go ahead and post my compile of revision 472 for those people who can't/won't compile from SVN:
http://www.wimbli.com/lcs_win32_4.01.4_472.zip
That's the full standalone game package with the new XML data files and such. I haven't done anything to the code beyond listing the SVN revision in the game version number and giving the window a proper title. Any other changes from base 4.01.4 are by these other fine fellows.
Of course, as new SVN revisions are uploaded, it will become out-of-date, but for now it's current.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:53:56 pm by Janus »
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 23, 2010, 01:54:34 pm »

Whats this?  A newer version?  I guess the changelog is a surprise then?

EDIT: OMG... I lurve whoever is updating this.  Some of these added features are fantastico.

Also, 5 strength, I be knocking down doors with my founder.  Granted, its in the slums...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:39:10 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34