Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS 4.01.4 (December 2009 Release)  (Read 85171 times)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.01 Download - It's Better Than Last Release (and not broken)
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 03:03:26 pm »

Being naked in public isn't just ok for pets now. It's ok for everyone. Being naked also trained my disguise at the police station, although it wasn't a permitted disguise in the restricted areas.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:07:43 pm by Ampersand »
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 03:08:28 pm »

Hm, it will display it as okay, but your disguise checks will still be a huge penalty, so I wouldn't recommend exploiting that bug. ;)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:14 pm »

Thus making it fantastic for training disguise.
Also, could you please put the broken version up for download somewhere labled as Loony Tunes Version or something? Cartoon Crime Squad?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »

I meant to, but I think I deleted all copies I kept of it. :(

If someone sends me a copy, I can rename it and keep it uploaded.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 03:43:34 pm »

I found the Deagle. Anyway to get moar clips for it, other than finding it over and over again?
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 03:57:47 pm »

No, it starts loaded and you get nine clips with it, but that's it. Let me know if you are able to find another one, because that would be a bug.

I've heavily overpowered it: It is essentially a shotgun critical hit with every shot, and it can blow limbs off.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 04:11:39 pm »

I don't know if I agree with the existence of a Desert Eagle. After all, it's only practical to use in movies. Not in real life.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 04:27:39 pm »

Ah, so you can only ever find 1 loaded Deagle with 9 clip?

I suppose it shall be enshrined somewhere after being used to gun down pesky conservatives. 
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 04:29:34 pm »

Is it just me or am I no longer able to solicit donations from people I've persuaded? o.o

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 04:32:24 pm »

I don't know if I agree with the existence of a Desert Eagle. After all, it's only practical to use in movies. Not in real life.

Heh, it's not much more impractical than the .44 magnum revolver already in the game. If I had "real life" in mind when I put the Desert Eagle into the game, I would have done the following things differently:

1. You would be able to buy both the gun and extra ammo for it.
2. It would not be able to blow limbs off.
3. It would have damage similar to the existing magnum revolver, and both would have their damage reduced somewhat.

I didn't do those things because its inclusion is for cool factor purposes. Making it Hollywood powerful (even though it's just unique for being a magnum semi-automatic) and only accessible by cracking the CEO's safe (and then you have 70 shots before you have to retire it) serves to make it a very special and original weapon.

Is it just me or am I no longer able to solicit donations from people I've persuaded? o.o

Yeah, I cut that feature, it was both grindy and overpowered. It's replaced by the option to just stop the meetings.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 04:33:39 pm »

Heh, it's not much more impractical than the .44 magnum revolver already in the game. If I had "real life" in mind when I put the Desert Eagle into the game, I would have done the following things differently:

1. You would be able to buy both the gun and extra ammo for it.
2. It would not be able to blow limbs off.
3. It would have damage similar to the existing magnum revolver, and both would have their damage reduced somewhat.

I didn't do those things because its inclusion is for cool factor purposes. Making it Hollywood powerful (even though it's just unique for being a magnum semi-automatic) and only accessible by cracking the CEO's safe (and then you have 70 shots before you have to retire it) serves to make it a very special and original weapon.

Yeah, I cut that feature, it was both grindy and overpowered. It's replaced by the option to just stop the meetings.

Okay, just making sure it wasn't broken! Curses, now I gotta go do real work :P

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 04:46:52 pm »

I've downloaded it and now I'm gonna do a super-violent run.  Let's see how it goes.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 05:15:02 pm »

As a preview for the next minor release, I'm working on some changes to make the game a bit more survivable. First, stealthy characters can roll to sneak past alerted enemies when the alarm goes up, instead of getting spotted by everyone. This lets thieves escape an alerted building more easily and allows lone agents to escape from a siege more easily as well. Second, your founder will take less damage in combat by virtue of the principle that it's not heroic to die at the first whiff of enemy fire. There are still nearly instant kills, like getting shot in the heart, but a .22 to the back the head won't be as deadly. You're welcome to contribute any other ideas for making the combat a bit less brutal (without sacrificing the flavor).

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 05:38:04 pm »

As a preview for the next minor release, I'm working on some changes to make the game a bit more survivable. First, stealthy characters can roll to sneak past alerted enemies when the alarm goes up, instead of getting spotted by everyone. This lets thieves escape an alerted building more easily and allows lone agents to escape from a siege more easily as well. Second, your founder will take less damage in combat by virtue of the principle that it's not heroic to die at the first whiff of enemy fire. There are still nearly instant kills, like getting shot in the heart, but a .22 to the back the head won't be as deadly. You're welcome to contribute any other ideas for making the combat a bit less brutal (without sacrificing the flavor).

And I'm working on license plates.
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:52 pm »

Let me check this, this has all the 4.05 changes, save the rampages, right?

and what was so different about it? I rarely noticed a difference.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34