Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Food/life ideas

(1/5) > >>

Rooster:
I have a couple of minor ideas that could really change the gameplay later on:1) Metabolism: Dwarfs eat a LOT so I think that they should eat more than any humanoid race but they should also regenerate faster. Of course trolls should eat once /six days or even less! Not like the dwarfs that eat once/ fifteen days. Also  it would be best if it would be done in raws, just like the temperature.2)modyfing genes of plants: People now are doing it so why not? Humans are doing it by cutting young branches of different plants and then "glue" 'em together till they won't need any support anymore. I'd love to see "sweet helmets" without restarting the game3)Symbolism of clans: my next idea is that dwarfs should have more tools and rocks in their engravings that show a person or a familyI hope you liked my ideas

Sowelu:
That...that isn't...GRAFTING PLANTS DOES NOT CHANGE THEIR GENES!I like using symbols for families, though.

mickel:
Hang on. "Dwarves eat a lot", and then "dwarves eat once every fifteen days"?I eat about five times in a day. If twice per month is a lot, where does that put me?

Lightning4:
Well we can assume, much like other parts of the game, that it is abstracted.Unless, of course, the dwarves have really, really, really slow metabolisms.

mickel:
I think the dwarves having really slow metabolisms sounds like a really fun idea. Maybe it's combined with really long intestines, too, making them the opposite of a ferret?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version