Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

beasts of burden

(1/2) > >>

schnobs:
Maybe I searched the wrong terms... has really noone suggested beasts of burden yet?I mean, all the mules and horses could be put to good use. Instead of taking one piece, a dwarf could round up a mule, take it to several boulders in turn, then lead the mule to the destination pile.It would be helpful if the beast could be assigned to both work and a cage, so a dwarf doesn't need to hunt it up and down the hallway before the actual work can begin.As an expansion to the above... I'm lacking the words. How do you call these underground railways? Both the carts and the tracks would need to be made at a metalsmith's, of course.  And never mind the tracks, even carts would go a long way.For loading / unloading puposes, the carts could be treated as yet another stockpile. When it's in the cave, all dwarves round up the rubble and put it on the cart; when it's outside... all dwarves run outside to unload it? Nah, this definitely needs some refinement.Still, it would be cool if one could actually clear the rubble from the cave with a reasonable amount of work. Right now, the common approach apears to be "make the room twice as large and use half of it as mining pile".

Grek:
quote:Bloat10, WHEELBARROWS, (Future): Wheelbarrows could be made and used by haulers to do several jobs at once. The AI for this is complicated though.
Mules working like wheelbarrows would be a good adition to this.

Eiba:
Additionally:
quote:# Bloat59, MORE HAULING, (Future): Animal-drawn carts and large rocks. Use carts and places to post them to do hauls more efficiently (move dozens of objects from post to post between burrows).Development page: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html An absolutely great read if you're really bored.

schnobs:
quote:Development page: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev.html An absolutely great read if you're really bored.  I actually *do* visit that page from time to time. However, if there's any system behind it, it's above my comprehension. So I can only browse (as in, quickly scanning most paragraphs and reading only some that somehow catch my attention). I wouldn't know how to find something particular there.BTW, what's the difference between bloats, arcs and so on?

Solara:
I'm not 100% sure but I believe bloats are usually smaller, somewhat unnecessary details that just make the game more fun, while arcs are major additions that change the core gameplay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version