Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

More organised wrestling menu and events in the history

(1/1)

Prey King:
Right now the wrestling menu is way too messy, so here's what I would like to see in a later update: first you select the limb you want to use and then the body-part you want to grab.
For example:Upper right arm   Upper right arm
Upper left arm -> Upper left arm
Lower right arm   Lower right arm
Lower left arm    Lower left armSorry if this has already been posted.Edit: I would also like to see proper events showing up in the history mode, for example, I've assassinated three mayors and I was very dissapointed when they didn't show up in the history mode.[ March 22, 2008: Message edited by: Prey King ]

Align:
The grasping limb should be marked somehow too...
code:<STRONG>GRAB WITH:          ENEMY LIMBS:</STRONG>
Upper right arm     Upper right arm
Upper left arm    ->Upper left arm
->Lower right arm   Lower right arm
Lower left arm      Lower left arm

numerobis:
quote:Originally posted by Prey King:
<STRONG>Right now the wrestling menu is way too messy, so here's what I would like to see in a later update: first you select the limb you want to use and then the body-part you want to grab.</STRONG>I don't understand your example at all, but I understand this sentence, and I've thought it before when going through the ten-mile-long list of options to find the one that lets me grasp my stuck sword (or to grasp the enemy's head with my hand).

Sean Mirrsen:
It should really be three columns.Left column is a list of your bodyparts.
Right column is a list of your opponent's bodyparts.
Center column is a list of actions that are possible to carry out with the current selections.Or you could switch the center and right columns, for easier navigation.The thing here is, this would allow to turn the "wrestling" screen into an "advanced move" screen, allowing you to do normal attacks in an advanced way, like targetting specific parts (like eyes) with probabilities of success determined by skills, or performing different attacks - stabbing with a sword, for example, to achieve a higher base critical rate.This will all be probably addressed, and indeed it's probably in the plans somewhere, but it won't be handled until the Combat Arc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version