Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The next version's changes/feature list. Spoilers: it's huge  (Read 26141 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The next version's changes/feature list. Spoilers: it's huge
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2010, 03:36:59 am »

Grime is missing. Creatures that do not wash gain levels of grime. Washing with soap removes it, washing without soap decreases it to the third level of grime.
Or so I believe. It seems like an odd implementation. I suppose it works a bit like happiness.

Washing is already listed under "Healthcare -> Doctors, hospitals, and how to cure what ails you" and grime is mentioned in "Patients can use soap/water to clean wounds and grime to reduce infections." and later under "-> Wounds and injuries" in "Rotting wounds smell and contribute to infection levels, as does grime buildup".
Grime, however, is not listed and explained, as it should be, ideally before any mention of it is made. Since it doesn't really fit anywhere, I'd shoehorn it either into "-> Doctors, hospitals, and how to cure what ails you" to be with related items.

Iban

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2010, 05:49:10 pm »

I want it so god damn bad :(

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2010, 10:49:01 pm »

AGHGHG I can't wait

I wonder if there's any changes to optimize FPS? I sure hope so since I can't get above 100 dwarves without an FPS in the teens.

I'm already planning out the fancy forts I'm going to build, with an arena as a centerpiece.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2010, 11:59:34 pm »

Toady mentioned performance improvements but I can't seem to find the specific place. Considering the new underground, either we will have huge lag or some huge improvements to balance it out :)
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2010, 12:20:23 am »

Just so everyone knows, I haven't not maintained this list for all of February, nor have I continued any error checking.

I might resume both those duties in the coming week, especially as we near closer to a release date*

*September 2013

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2010, 02:44:56 am »

Toady is crazy. So many massive changes without testing. It's one thing to add huge features like a military overhaul and underground diversity, but he completely redid attributes and the creature's technical anatomy. That's as core as core can get. I bet it'll be at least another month before he and 3Toe can pull out all the gamebreaking bugs.

I want it so bad. *drools on reading combat details*
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:51:43 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2010, 03:31:08 am »

Toady is crazy. So many massive changes without testing.

He's been testing features as he implemented them for this entire time.  If you Ctrl+F the dev log, you will also find dozens of other instances of "test."  You just can't catch everything the first time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:32:58 am by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]