Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 53219 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Ok, I'll in.

By the way, the OP reminds me of this sketch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0C59pI_ypQ

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be honest: I read the entire damned thing and didn't notice that anything was wrong.  I only really got it when I went back to look for deadline info, after Apost's post.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My computer has regained stability! Somehow. I think threats with a claymore had something to do with it.

In again. Even if it completely breaks down, I'll be able to post at least once a day until I get a replacement.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome!  We're at 10/13, and if we're lucky we'll be able to get 3 more before game-start~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd love to join in!

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to LASD, Leafsnail, and Alsark, and welcome back Nirur Torir, glad you could make it!

You're right, Leafsnail, it is rather like that sketch (though I'd never seen it before). Thanks for the link.

And, thank you to Vector for the recruitment. Only two slots left.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the heck, I'll give it a try. In.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile

Of course I'm in.
Meh.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Signups Full, game begins January 11th)
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 10:32:49 am »

And that brings us to 13. I'll be writing the flavor and distributing roles this weekend, for game start around 10:30 board time on January 11th.
Try my orc mod!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 12:23:57 pm »

Whoo-hoo, awesomesauce :3

I'm really looking forward to this one~

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 07:30:37 pm »

Good stuff! Looking forward to it!

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 02:20:53 am »

Role PMs sent out, locking the thread in preparation for the beginning of the game. If you have any questions about your role, please don't hesitate to ask (privately)
Try my orc mod!

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 10:31:11 am »

Well, that was certainly odd.

There each of you were, minding your own business (being dead, in some cases), when suddenly you ended up here.

Nothing but a swirling mass of colors for a sky. Or for the ground, for that matter. There seem to be thirteen houses, though, so each of you might as well take one. They aren't doing anything else.

As you're looking around at the twelve other people, though, the sky resolves itself into letters

Welcome, Welcome! We're glad you've all made the trip!

I'm sure you all know the rules, and (if it it isn't yet obvious) some of you have already formed a plot to take over (my, my, that was quick). Naturally, if the rest of you object to whatever their vision of the future is, you'll need to vote for their elimination.

You probably do.

Don't worry about how all of that will work, we'll take care of all the messy details of what happens to the ones you choose. It'll be fun! In case you don't remember, here are the supplemental rules:

Rule 0: It's a very simple game, with some small additions
Rule 1: The first rule is that I can't tell you any of the other rules
Rule 2:
Rule 3:
Rule 4:
Rule 5: (currently inactive)
Rule 6:

But I'm sure you remember that if you violate the rules, you'll get a warning the first time, and lose your voting privileges for the day the second.

Now, with that preliminary accounting out of the way, let's proceed!

The message hangs in the air for a few more minutes before the swirl retakes it, leaving you alone with a dozen other people in the swirling of colors and houses.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:16:16 am by Rysith »
Try my orc mod!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game Started, 72 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:36 am »

What a very interesting game, Zai.  Tell me, do you think this will play out like a roughly standard mafia game or do you think it'll play out like a bastardised puzzle?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game Started, 72 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 11:34:43 am »

Halmie, what do you think the best way to discover the hidden rules is?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38