Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 53174 times)

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game Started, 72 hours to go in Day 1)
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 01:23:54 pm »

Have my role and I am ready to go! I will reserve my vote until later on in the day when I have seen some discussion - I was never a fan of random voting.

I've never been in a "b-round" (I shall refer to it exactly as that, as I don't swear), so I am interested to see how this turns out.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 01:48:53 pm »

Shades, would you kindly come up with a hypotethical rule for me?

Does anyone have any clever ideas how we could nullify the first rule?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 02:00:04 pm »

More importantly, are we all supposed to get roles? I didn't get one.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 02:03:34 pm »

On the off chance there's a rule against changing votes a limited number of times, or some other wonky vote rule, I'm going to withhold my vote...

Though, actually, thinking about it, the biggest penalty is getting a warning. Or losing my vote. Both things I would rather happen earlier than later, so I'm actually going to test that. Since I assume what he says implies these rules are breakable, I figure the best bit of help I can offer at this point would be trying to break them.

So lets see if this does anything wonky...
Vote Shades
Unvote
Vote Nirur Torir
Unvote
Vote LASD
Unvote
Vote Alsark

Rysith, can we have a vote count?

Okay, Alsark, maybe I can understand why you wouldn't vote, but you seriously don't even have any questions for anyone?

AND CRAP STUPID SHIFT BUTTON PULLED UP STICKYKEYS< I CANCELLED AND NOW COMPUTER IS MESSED UP> ILL POST MORE LATER HAVE TO FIX THIS AND SHOULD BE WORKING ANYWAYS>

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 02:14:12 pm »

... What is there to ask? It's day 1. In my opinion, any possible questions would be irrelevant and could not aid in finding scum. For example, I do not see how asking somebody to make up a rule would in any way help us to scum hunt. That is why I have nothing to ask and shall also be withholding my vote. Besides, we have extremely long day phases so there's no rush.

"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. Don't hesitate to call."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 02:15:31 pm »

Glyph, you forgot a few votes, including yourself, no lynch, and the mod.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 02:21:47 pm »

That's actually a pretty good catch. If nothing goes wonky because of my last post, I'll try each of them in turn.

Still supposed to be working instead of reading this thread, I just fail. (also, holding both shift keys down for 10 seconds fixes the sticky keys bug for who knows what reason)

Alsark, what DO you think is the best way to find scum and get the scumhunting ball rolling early game, then? Sitting back and watching?

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 02:30:58 pm »

Well, in all honesty, most of the rounds I have played, with the exception of last round, everybody would IM one another. Of course that isn't possible on this site, so I am not entirely used to scumhunting tactics solely on a message board. Also, I go more off of logic than intuition - I have a very weak gut when it comes to scumhunting. Instead, I base things off of what makes sense, making me a very poor day 1 player as there is nothing to go off of. So yes, in a sense, I do tend to somewhat sit back on day 1, but I begin to pick up later on when I have things to work off of.

Obviously I do not discourage the discussion - discussion is always nice, but I guess I just don't really see how asking trivial questions will help in finding scum. If it helps you then that's great, but I probably won't pick up on much until people start voting for people with reasonings.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 02:38:47 pm »

Vote GlyphGlaff for unvoting alot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 02:43:00 pm »

I think I may have a guess at what one of the rules is.

Rysith, what are the hidden rules?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 02:58:01 pm »

Good morning, Apostolic Nihilist.  Of the players here, which three would you most prefer as scumpartners?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 03:08:53 pm »

Lol, doesn't asking that go against Rule 1?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 03:11:40 pm »

Lol, doesn't asking that go against Rule 1?

Yeah, but who knows if the rules are actually rules?  Kudos to Leafsnail for checking how semi the bastard grows.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 03:20:22 pm »

Maybe if I break a rule I find out what it is *shrugs*

Alsark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:29 pm »

Haha, can't hurt to try. So do we "unlock" the rules as they come up or do we figure these things out on our own?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38