Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: /v/'s potentially fail, fortress succession thread!  (Read 35512 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: /v/'s potentially fail, fortress succession thread!
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2010, 07:09:38 am »

Early summer report: I went through the Fort's history and applied backlogged JUSTICE. I killed one of our legendary farmers and legendary miner (one of my wife's friends... too bad...) in retribution. There's another legendary miner who managed to survive with a broken leg. He's pretty tough, I should recruit him for our new fortress guard!

Business as usual - except I've been drinking filthy piss-water for this extended patrol; if I don't get booze soon, more will DIE.

Kaelnote: I played past the corrupted save point and got into the first week of summer, and my character suddenly decided to kill 2 dwarves and horribly maim another because of justice accumulated over other people's plays. D: He enjoyed beating his own dwarves to death! Will carry on with summer and chug straight through fall tomorrow.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:22:24 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2010, 07:35:56 am »

The best part of that is that he considers it compassionate, and doesn't think that it's over the top.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Hexon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2010, 07:36:50 am »

Small request: Can we get an update on the dwarf named after me, "Hexon"? And other dwarves named after people too (if they are still alive).

Lazareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2010, 11:38:59 pm »

Ahahahah I love this already

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2010, 05:47:14 am »

Informal Kaelnote: In the middle of writing the next update - but I will do a mini-update as asked to let you know what's happening to player-named dwarves. Let me know if you want more info on yours in particular, or if you want a new dwarf to replace the one you lost.

Trogdor is a legendary bone carver, having created Findsquares the Talon of Lures, an artifact two-humped camel bone spear. He has acquired an amazing chair and enjoys admiring his bed.

As Always II is a fishcleaner...still. Currently he is part of my major "draft" of useless dwarves to join in our smelting industry. He was the friend of the farmer who got killed, but otherwise is ecstatic because he is caught up in a new romance. No marriage yet, however.

Arramiy, the failure is sitting around as a grand master in all social skills talking to everyone. He is also caught up in a new romance with Lolor Graniterings. He has recently formed a grudge with Geshud in the military.

Kael was already covered. He went on a rampage and beat 3 dwarves in the name of justice, 2 died. He has grudges with 6 other dwarves who aren't very likely to survive. He is married with a son and his room is covered with steel. He is a legendary champion wrestler who wanders the halls with a crossbow and doesn't bother shooting arrows at the range, but uses it to beat people as it is covered in blood. He worships a female dwarf goddess of Twilight.

Hexon was removed from spear-duty but remains training wrestling in the barracks. He still has two faithful dogs following him and worships a Ber Diamondgems the Canyons of Silver - a female dwarf goddess of metals. Because of his military profession, all of his closest friends are in the military. He is ecstatic and enjoys checking out our fine weapon racks and armor stands.

Heavy Weapons Dorf is an Elite Marksdwarf now.
>He admired a fine Trap lately.
That's pretty much all I have to say about him.

Eruonen, robot is dead. I checked dwarf companion and the cause of death was apparently a failed mood.

Luke.Evil is dead. Cause of death appears to be thirst. It didn't happen on my watch though. Too bad because he was a legendary engraver at time of death.

As Always I is dead, failed mood (more than half of our dead dwarves are from failed moods - probably involving glass and shell).

I do enjoy whomever tagged the dorf who died on fire and is still flashing the burning warning as "survivor" for a custom profession.

Real update to follow.

Hexon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2010, 11:41:09 am »

Thanks for the mini-update, it was quite interesting along with your regular updates so far as well.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2010, 06:40:51 am »

Summer 210-

GOLD

All around the fortress voices were raised in unison, dwarven fists raised in the air. Word spread faster than news of my random beatings.

The miners had scrambled to get their grubby hands all over OUR gold. I removed all miners from duty except for our remaining legendary (No one mentioned that I killed one and the other is still resting in the infirmary) to get all the gold we could. It was a lot of gold, and took our miner a long time to get through. He tried to go on break midway but after a drafted discussion in which we discussed the fate of his colleagues, he quickly got back to work.

Construction went on our new project - a legendary grand hall furnished with gold - also I set up new storage areas and bedrooms. We destroyed a few existing engravings to widen single space hallways into 3 tile highways for the main corridors. Dwarves were slamming heads into each other like a Troll amongst kobolds. I set our metalsmiths to work furnishing what will eventually exist for the King. The sound of gold being tempered spread through the fortress. I have great things in mind for the King...

Bins clutter the walkways of the fortress. I removed many stockpiles and carved out new areas for them. I will be setting custom stockpiles for my eventual successor so that everything is neatly organized.

We hardly have any bedrooms for our 130 dwarves. We are unfortunately short on wood for beds, which some say is due to my bin, barrel, and wooden practice bolt programs. Well, they better get used to the floor for now, else I will save what wood I can and turn them into an archery target.

We have 3 legendary kids in social skills. Can someone remind me why I can't draft these punks? They're wandering everywhere!

Legendary peasants and other similarly worthless professions are drafted into the army or Fortress guard upon reaching Legendary status. I run a fighting outfit, not a bunch of jokesters.

Something needs to be done about the pets. If I see that cat one more time... I butchered the kittens again. And again. And every other animal that isn't trainable into a war dog or pet. Time seems to run slower with them around, so soon they will not be around.

I have included a map of the main level as of the end of summer.
Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)
It has been fairly quiet, with construction going on unhindered, and I don't believe anyone died. The last group of immigrants came with the philosopher at the end of spring. Speaking of the damned philosopher, I now know what makes me want to kill her.

If being a Philosopher wasn't worthless enough, we have a philosopher that dislikes intellectual discussion. It makes me want to extend her beard by yanking it, with magma. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Ah, someone is asking me why I'm building a bridge to nowhere 6 z-levels above the refuse stockpile... oh you will know. Not much died during the Summer, and Armok wills me to fix this...

Kael out.

Kaelnote: The fortress has slowed to 55 fps on my computer, which is ridiculous considering my machine (on anyone else's computer you'll probably be getting under 30 fps). There's simply way too many animals and crap lying around so I think before my turn ends there shall be a great 'cleansing'. Summer would have been very boring retrofitting of the fortress if it wasn't for my mass excavations uncovering millions of little gems and a HUGE vein of gold.

Already partway through mid Fall, which will be much more interesting than Summer, because there will be an experiment.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:42:50 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Lazareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2010, 09:11:19 am »

>Philosopher
>Dislikes intellectual discussion

Rename her profession to "Professional Troll"

Also, Valentines today. Gonna carve a heart shaped room?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2010, 05:38:36 pm »

>Philosopher

Also, Valentines today. Gonna carve a heart shaped room?
I got one of those too. Hmm.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I AM WATCHING
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2010, 08:11:14 pm »

Get out while you still can, you mad fool.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:20:53 am by LordSlowpoke »

Lazareth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2010, 09:49:15 am »

>implying that the fortress has any chance for survival before it's my turn
Ah, what the hell. Count me in.

Consider yourself added, greentexter

Also Kael, are you THE Kael from FFH?

Haar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2010, 02:28:02 pm »

Damn, did everyone died? Goddommot, /v/

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2010, 02:41:53 pm »

>implying that the fortress has any chance for survival before it's my turn
Ah, what the hell. Count me in.

Consider yourself added, greentexter

Also Kael, are you THE Kael from FFH?
No, I had this nickname before EQ came out too.
Damn, did everyone died? Goddommot, /v/
I'm wrapping things up Fall and winter - already played through just have to write it out. Work and school man.

arkraven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2010, 02:54:07 pm »

>Philosopher

Sig material!
>Philosopher

Eruonen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:15 am »

So how about that fort?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15