Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The sixth race.  (Read 8169 times)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The sixth race.
« on: December 16, 2009, 02:29:18 pm »

Dwarves, Humans, Goblins, Kobolds and Elves we all know and love(Mostly) but why is it the sixth race has such minor influence on us?
More importantly, where are they raising their army?
One of these days I swear we will live to regret appeasing the Rhesus empire by letting them scavenge dead Goblins when they are ravaging our lands, stealing our booze and taking our jobs!
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: The sixth race.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:54:11 pm »

All we need is for Toady to give them their own rudimentary civ, the same way Lizardmen, Snakemen, Olmmen, and Cave Spidermen are getting their own in the next version.

Imagine the *Rhesus Macaqueman Roasts*...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 02:56:38 pm »

I hear if you combine them with dwarven syrup you can make rhesus pieces.

Fastler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 04:11:47 pm »

Totally sigged.

There are no Kangaroos in Austria. Trust me.

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:27:50 pm »

Rated D for Dwarf.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:32:01 am »

These are the sorts of things that townspeople should say in Adventure mode. Possibly it's just me and I've played too many roguelikes, but I still think it would be awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 01:19:32 am »

The sixth race is cats, and they are very hostile. They trick us, preying on our need for vermin control, then strike when you least expect it, multiplying like rats and hiding behind the simple minded cat lovers. We have but one weapon against the feline menace. Magma (always magma).

Edit: Since I usually guard my fortress with soldiers, I just consider Rhesus Macaque to be the other other white meat. However, they have recently been running off with equipment from the almost constant Relentless Assault ambushes. Must be preparing a strike force of their own, I can only hope they start with our enemies and not my fortress. I'd have to have to kill those damn blowguns again.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:52:24 am by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 01:24:48 am »

Rhesus stole a mining pick from me once.

Needless to say, they probably used it to build a fortress big enough to laugh at mine. Decorated with the gems they ALSO stole from me, of course.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grafsburg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mad Catta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:28:17 am »

I guess it's kind of ironic that I added and rhesus-macaque race based off of Humans and that I play as them all the time >.>.
"The great thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain." ~Bob Marley

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:24 am »

Now if we could do this with them monkeys.

Katsuraan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »

Now if we could do this with them monkeys.

Lure them into your cage traps with a stockpile of dwarven biscuits as bait. Then stuff them in the kennels for training. Restrain them to your fortress entrance for 24/7 security. Once Toady program macaque-machineguns (other weapon category, can only be wielded by rhesus-macaques), they can be more lethal than your basic defense traps.

On another note, there had been proof that the rhesus-macaques are intelligent enough to work with goblins in the event of an ambush.
See picture:

The rhesus charged at my defences triggering the stone traps to be useless and the weapons traps to be jammed while some of their friends keep wandering around the entrance of my fortress. With this the goblins can safely enter the fortress. *note: the theory on the intelligence of rhesus-macaques can be over-ruled if it was actually the Human Lasher (appears with the ambush) which forced them to do the goblin's bidding.

To Grendus:
Another way to ensure that the cats are kept in place is use the kittens (restrained) as guard animals (as seen above in the middle of the picture). Not only will this instill fear into their feline brains but their death in the case of enemy attacks will let you to safely dispose of them.