Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No caravan?  (Read 5426 times)

ElGreco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
No caravan?
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:30:12 pm »

Hello,

Before I embarked I checked the civilizations and all were there. After I embarked my civilization screen was empty. I thought it was a feature or something (this is my second fortress). After a while, I got an alert about a kobold thief, checked my civilization screen and there was the kobold civ listed. Now, the autumn has passed and I got no dwarven caravan. Does this mean that I will never get one? If it is the case, I may as well abandon this fortress...

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No caravan?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:34:56 pm »

You may have embarked somewhere that has cut you off from the dwarfs (though, I think you should still get a caravan from the dwarfs at least). Your being sieged. You had no depot and missed the message for it. Or, the dwarven civilization is dead and your the last survivors.

ElGreco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 05:43:20 pm »

Or, the dwarven civilization is dead and your the last survivors.

Thanks, that should be it. I copied the region to check the world map and all I see is ruins. Though in the embark screens I have a choice between two dwarf civilizations, so I thought everything was normal.

qoonpooka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:00:17 pm »

Thanks, that should be it. I copied the region to check the world map and all I see is ruins. Though in the embark screens I have a choice between two dwarf civilizations, so I thought everything was normal.

Dude, save that worldfile.

This adds a whole new level to the Adam and Eve challenge. :)

ElGreco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:18 am »

Dude, save that worldfile.

This adds a whole new level to the Adam and Eve challenge. :)

Well, I abandoned the fortress but I still have the worldfile (I guess this is the region folder). Send me a message if you want me to send it to you. Challenges are not for me yet. I am still learning.