Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Too harsh punishments for "criminals" ?

(1/2) > >>

ColonelTEE3:
I think we're all aware that the dwarven system of justice is a bit unfair. I can handle some poor random dwarf going to jail for a couple months because its somehow his fault he didn't make a window in time. But when one of my few metalsmiths is beaten so hard that he becomes permanently incapable of either working or moving because i couldnt make electrum items since the dungeon master hasn't even arrived yet, thats going too far. This incident proves the theoretical possibility that an entire Dwarf Fortress could become destroyed by its own law enforcement if given enough time. I REALLY think that violation of production orders should only be punished with jail time...

Gaulgath:
Agreed. The demands can be absolutely ridiculous (if not impossible) to fulfill. And hammerings have a high fatality rate.

Gakidou:
I wonder, is there any effective way to destroy the hammerer's hammer? That would strike me as a good goal for any civil fortress. (Either that, or some way to slice off the hammerer's hands.)

Dwarmin:
Remember-Disparaging the hammer is a hammerable offense! I never had trouble with noble demand until the baron demanded rare gem items..luckily the only victim so far of Dwarven facism is a novice jewler, who is now lying in bed with a mangeled foot, hand, and shoulder. I think the Punishments should make a lot more sense when the Nobles actually do something useful.[ March 06, 2007: Message edited by: Dwarmin ]

Asehujiko:
dont disarm the hammerer
i saw him bite off a jewelcrafters head onceand he likes to break the spine of every legandary dwarf he seesand some poor guy got targeted about 4 times now, 1 time without weapon
code:
left foot       -mangled
right foot      -gone (bitten off)
left lower leg  -broken, healed from mangled after 6 years
right lower leg -gone (bitten off)
left upper leg  -mangled
right upper leg -gone (bitten off)
lower body      -mangled (broken spine)
upper body      -broken (broken spine)
left hand       -gone (bitten off)
right hand      -broken
left lower arm  -gone (bitten off)
right lower arm -mangled
left upper arm  -bruised by bonecrafters failed mood(who promply got his head smashed into his body)
right upper arm -mangled
head            -mangled (eyes torn out because hammerer lost his weapon, brain broken and about 5 chunks missing)

he hasnt moved out of his bed in 8 years, trantumed about 20 times and passes out every 3 seconds"injured dwarf is throwing a trantum"
"injured dwarf cancels throwing trantum: uncounsious"imo we should rename this feature dwarves INjustice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version