Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

[REQ]40d16-Compatible Fortress Mode Combat Log

(1/2) > >>

Moogie:
Ahh, the good old days... it seems nobody has yet re-enabled the combat log switch in the most recent DF version (or indeed, any version later than 38c) and I miss it greatly in times of epic battles.

Has it been forgotten? If so, I'd like to plead to the programming Gods that somebody finds inspiration to once again resurrect this lovely little utility. :) I know we're expecting a whole new version soon, but we can all expect that to undergo another few weeks/months of bugfixing after its release and in the meantime, many of us will probably be sticking with 40d16 until Toady's almighty hammer settles. :)

This is probably redundant, but just in case anybody isn't sure what I'm talking about... It was originally a function of Dwarf Companion, until someone extracted it for stand-alone use. Now the latest DC doesn't support the feature (it's broken, for some reason) and there is no updated standalone exe.

Do this for the good of all Dwarfkind, and I'll happily repay the effort; I used to illustrate people's artifacts and will create a masterpiece for you, menacing with spikes of kitten leather! :D

darkflagrance:
Actually, I think the latest Dwarf Companion supports the combat log, because I used it recently. Hang on, let me check.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=775.0

Yes, the combat log feature works on the version I downloaded from this link. I am using 40d without any of the ## improvements. If the one in that link doesn't work, I can upload my version of the exe.

Jack_Bread:
Hm. It never seems to work for me. It just gives me errors on the py-runner-thing window.

darkflagrance:
If worse comes to worse, you can switch back to the original version of Dwarf Fortress for the battle, and then switch back afterwards.

I usually prefer my battles slow so that I can savor the action, rather than faster than the eye can see.

smjjames:
There are going to be combat logs in the new release which is coming out next month most likely (theres still a chance for a december release, but not a huge chance), so this would be kind of moot IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version