Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tips on playing  (Read 13302 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: Tips on playing
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 04:33:54 pm »

Naw, it's all good. It's not like we have a huge post volume here. Miscellaneous "let me ask you questions as they come up for me" threads allow anyone who has answers and advice to simultaneously feel smart and helpful by answering your questions, and allow lurkers and other posters to get a sense for the strategies and ideas others have for the game. So quite to the contrary, I'm sure everyone loves you for it.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 08:26:53 pm »

Oh, that's good.

Also, I think I've found an exploit: If you're caught trespassing by a conservative, you can (T)alk to them (before they've started panicking) and use a pick-up line. If it works, as it often does, they'll disappear and meet you that night instead of ratting you out to their fellow wingnuts.
EDIT: And then, you can kidnap them! How nice.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 08:29:46 pm »

Nah, it's only limited in how it works, since other conservatives can panic as you're chatting them up.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 08:53:31 pm »

Indeed. I do find it useful when I'm in the middle of an epic looting run and I run into a lone conservative in his/her apartment, though.

How do kidnappings and recruitings work? Do recruited sleeper agents require Juice? What about kidnapped people?

EDIT: 1. How do I move a stash of goods from one place to another?
2. What kind of Computers skill do I need to hack? Is 4.62 enough?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 10:49:51 pm by Cheddarius »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 12:55:26 am »

Aaaaargh. These DethSquad guys are ridiculous and super cheap. They always gang up on my guys while they're out doing stuff - LEGAL STUFF, mind you - and then kill them with their superior skills (I have the same weapons, but my guys always miss). It's all because most of my crew has committed murder. Ugh.

Anyway, how do I deal with this? I can see a few resolutions:
1: Somehow get more skill on my wanted men. There's no practice range or whatnot, so... go around killing people? That'd just attract more DethSquad members... what if I rented a cheap apartment and killed people from there, then abandoned? Would that work?
2: Cheat like a conservative. Modify the files to weaken Dethsquad or something, or just do the closing-window thing that the aptly named Cheeetar suggested.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 01:24:20 am »

Goods Transfer: There should be an option in the review liberals screen, R from the main menu.

Hacking Skill: Give it a shot and it should tell you within a week if your skill is too low. You can always try website harassment (less dangerous) or credit card fraud (lucrative) to make up the difference.

Death Squads: I recommend simply taking your wanted men off the streets, and reserving them for group activities. Most likely, whatever legal things you have them doing, you should be able to recruit some proxy people to do instead.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 02:43:24 am »

Make sure your people are wearing clothes when doing legal activities.

No clothes = Police after you
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 03:30:39 am »

Yeah, I think some of my guys were running around naked. It should be fine now.

Hmmm, thanks for the tips, Jonathan! My hacker's at max now and he's hacking away. He's found some evidence and such - what do I do with that? I have "Judge Corrupt. Evidence" and "AM Radio Memos".

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 03:46:09 am »

You need to make a liberal newspaper printer, then wait till end of month to publish.

If your free speech is Conservative enough... firemen will pay you a 'friendly' visit...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 03:57:51 am »

Hey. Seeing this thread, I must ask, how in the world do you disband? Its puzzling me. On the plus side, my super liberal ninjas are doing great!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 04:23:38 am »

L from the main menu.
D to Disband

Then follow instructions

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 04:35:11 am »

As Zangi said, you'll need to start printing Elite Liberal newspapers to make use of the evidence you've found. You can sell the evidence and such manually at the pawnshop for a decent price too, but that won't do anything but give you money.

To get the newspapers up, you'll need to upgrade one of your safehouses with a printing press (press Z until you get to an upgradable site, then I to go to the infrastructure page). You can then assign any liberals at that base to write for the paper, but that's not necessary to use the evidence; you can just do monthly special editions if you don't want to assign anyone to it permanently. The good thing about keeping writers active on it is that they'll not only affect the issues quietly over time, but they'll write competing news stories that will amplify the effects of your raids and counteract the effects of any actions by the CCS, if and when they become a problem.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 04:36:18 am »

You need to make a liberal newspaper printer, then wait till end of month to publish.

If your free speech is Conservative enough... firemen will pay you a 'friendly' visit...

Ugh, even normal Conservative, not Arch? Bah... how do I fix this? I've tried date-napping higher-ups in the Club, but they never agree to go out with me or the just break up before I can lower their wisdom enough to make a safe kidnap.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 04:58:00 am »

Well, no, the "firemen" won't give you trouble unless free speech is Arch-Conservative. But the groups you're attacking might decide to go vigilante on you if your scandal reporting hurts them enough.

If you want to improve your dating chances, you can assign the Liberal in question to prostitution fundraising for awhile. That will train seduction pretty quickly and earn money to boot, but at the expense of committing crimes, risk of arrest in a prostitution sting, and slowly losing juice.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 04:59:34 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »

Urk, yeah, some dudes went after me.
My main dater is also my leader, so I can't risk that... he's got 40 dating already though, so I'll just train him up a bit more.

EDITS:
Do sleeper police and mercs and such help with not getting caught? What are such benefits of specific classes of sleepers, besides the general benefits such as being able to raise liberalism?
Which hacked files are most effective? The highest-priced (at the Pawn Shop) ones?
When your multiple dates raise ambushes for you, what does that do? Do you just lose the date or does something even worse happen?
Is there any way to lower wisdom or raise heart without having to level up?
What does it mean that Carson Apartments has 108% heat? I've even evacuated, and the heat level is still soaring.
Can I bring equipment on a go-forth? For example, bringing police uniforms to sneak freed prisoners past the police? If so, how?
My game has been totally crippled by this bug. I can hardly do anything without the game crashing... how can I deal with this?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:55:29 am by Cheddarius »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5